saddle strength advice

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
been looking at new saddles, and love the look af the flash and posh carbon jobbies knocking around.

noticed some are very light, 100gms etc and was wondering if there is a weight limit to such things?

im around 16st........ :oops:

I'm wary of them as I've read about weight limit on posts being around 17st (not that I'm anywhere near that but it's worrying to me), as for saddles er dunno :oops:

saltyman":2dp6l5ov said:
saddle is on its way........all 95 grams of it :LOL:

slim fast diet starts tomorrow.
I'd go for the Picolax diet, it's much faster way of losing weight :twisted:

which saddle is it?

I've been considering the Merek carbon ones on ebay ... and those state max rider weight is 120 kg.

..... but that can be quite meaningless if used on a mountain bike as say a 60 kg kiddie dropping off a 3 ft wall and landing on saddle would generate as much if not more force* as a 120 kg fattie sitting on it.

* Note done the sums but you get my drift.

if it is same as this, then I hope you didn't pay more than £ 110 ... and it is 120 g, so quite heavy foir a Carbon saddle; 95 g-ish is more or the norm, but then it does have a part leather covering.

IMG_0447.jpg

nah, never paid that kind of money, but mine does say 95gram on it, not 120?

Gotta love a flite and I can get the re issue ones cheap at work :cool:

Used a few of the original 125g slr ones but broke a couple of rails , so they are kicking about in a box . The hollow rails are filled with a sand like grain , I suspect so they can be bent to shape without kinking . Funnily the grainy stuff adds about 5g :LOL:

Back