Proof if proof were needed

thats nothing just before christmas they were selling the XTR M965 levers for £50 a pair.

and honestly i find them quite intuative, before trying them out i was all "WTF!!! these are gonna change gear whilst braking etc etc" but so far i've not managed to accidentally shift gear under braking, and now i wouldn't be without them (mainly coz i can't afford new brake and gear levers) lol

I've been using dual control for 6 years now and I think its fantastic. Very disappointed that it was dropped for the new 2x10 XTR.

andrewl":11bl9bok said:
I've been using dual control for 6 years now and I think its fantastic. Very disappointed that it was dropped for the new 2x10 XTR.

Ive seen a few reviews where they are being praised quite highly but even they agree there is a problem with accidental shifts .Market speaks and it says they're poo :?
The reviews ive read so for all seem to be from XCers,though i think if you were using these on a commuter they would be a good upgrade

Worth 18 quid to find out :? spent more on thin air :cool: Definitely.

They'll be back at some point
Everyone said Shimano bolting the shifters to levers was a terrible idea and they split them apart again, phased it out but it's back. Even Hope have adapted their levers to turn them into STI now.

The bike I just picked up was the first I've owned new since 1994 that didn't have dual control.

Now I'm considering shifter placement in relation to brake levers... It's just one more thing to worry about. Heh.

kaytronika":3fk7vl2u said:
The bike I just picked up was the first I've owned new since 1994 that didn't have dual control.

Now I'm considering shifter placement in relation to brake levers... It's just one more thing to worry about. Heh.

Dual control isnt the same as STi. You shift using the actual brake lever blade instead of an integrated lever.

JeRkY":3scj4nj1 said:
kaytronika":3scj4nj1 said:

Dual control isnt the same as STi. You shift using the actual brake lever blade instead of an integrated lever.

just mount some road sti on flat bars...

you'll get the idea

JeRkY":dlyjjdb0 said:
kaytronika":dlyjjdb0 said:

Ah, yes, of course! :oops:

Teach me to post 5 minutes after I woke up.

Makes you wonder if people not paying attention might end up with these, thinking they're getting STi bargains for an old bike.

Latest posts

Back