Kona Score

Kona Paul

Kona Fan
Hmmm tough decision for me, but I'm actually considering selling my Score and replacing it with a more modern trail geometry (2011 Kona Steely.) I know these bikes don't compare on many levels, but a longer travel fork is very desireable for me. The Score rides great, feels nice, is dialled in etc., but the limit of having a max 100-110 mm fork length bothers me sometimes, especially on a designated FR frame (which I use more as a "trail" bike.) Anyway, before I digress too much, or make a final decision, I'm wondering if there are still people interested in such a frame? Knowing I have potential buyers might give me the push I need. :-/

That Steely isn't much of a looker is it :eek: I wouldn't sell a Score for one. What about a Brodie Holeshot ti? Much nicer.....and more expensive, but a more comparable bike. If you do fancy something steel look at the British efforts form Dialled and Cotic among others.

My LBS has Dialled and I have some friends on Cotics. Both nice, with a preference for Cotic. I'm not much going for looks, just a reliable trail bike that won't break the bank. 853 is pretty pricey, but butted chromoly, though a little heavier, is affordable. I'm not that fast anyway. :) It's still only in the idea phase, will need to get plenty of advice from my trusted bike friends both here and IRL before I do anything as drastic as parting with a rare ti sweetheart like the Score. Glad to get some feedback though. Every bit of advice helps. :)

PS I would only want the frame, so it wouldn't be quite so ugly with all my own goodies on it. I've dealt with some guys at Brodie before, so maybe will write them for a price on the Holeshot.

Ti Holeshot is £1K here which I reckon is pretty good value. Not read many reviews though still quite rare I guess.

Not a bad price! Was also looking at the Cotic BFe. Pretty heavy frame, but nice and tough. So many options.... :?

BFe on sale at the minute :cool: would add a Transition Trans am or a Evil Sovereign into the equation :)

Keep it! Get the new bike and build the Score as a light trailie, new SID's etc.

Back