Boxxer WC 2010 on 2011 SC Nomad

wrecker74

Dirt Disciple
Its quite a long story....

Been waiting for several months for a SC Bullit without luck. Already bought many parts to fit it including some 2010 world cups.

I get cheesed off with the LBS and they offer a good deal on a SC Nomad. I search around the net and find some people have fitted boxxers to nomads. I get excited by the offer and purchase - therefore the nomad is now on its way :D

Would appreciate input from anyone who thinks its a good or bad idea to fit the boxxers (SC website says longer than 180mm will invalidate warranty etc etc). Also what are the options of reducing the travel length?

Alternative is to ebay the unused boxxers and "cut my losses" so to speak and get some 180mm travel forks.

Attachments

• nomad w boxxer.jpg
    nomad w boxxer.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,901
Sorry dude, the pic of is one of the bikes i found on the net which had boxxers fitted. My frame gets here next week. I have done some more searching.....the axle to crown of a boxxer wc is 568mm and a fox talas 36 180 is 565mm. Hence the boxxers are going on!

Mine will be all black.

I'll probably post a build thread, once i get going.

Cheers

trxrincon - how did you get hold of a 2011 bullit? Where from and when did you order it?

I've been waiting ages for mine and got cheesed off with the place i ordered it from. However, got a good deal on the nomad so can't complain.

From my local SC dealer. If you look up"The bike place" Newcastle upon Tyne. They can get them in. I must admit I had a long wait, 4 months, but good things come to those who wait! Got it first week of Jan. :cool: :cool:

Stif couldn't get large size black bullit frames for some reason. Anyway my nomad arrives tuesday, then its build time.....

Build thread will be started soon...

Can't wait!

I must admit I called stif and they said it would take ages for the bullit to come in too. Anyhow best of luck with your build. I look forward to seeing it. :cool: :cool:

Frame arrived last week....but was damaged in transit by UPS (idiots!!)

Headtube had been dented and paint missing.

Sent it back, and i'm now having to wait another 8 weeks for a replacement!

aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!

Back