25.4 mtb handlebars silver getting hard to find new?

Woodsman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I normally go for riser but considering mtb flat for this build, but either are now getting difficult to find new. Any suggested suppliers?

:) I have some Silver Risers if you want some, ridden maybe 100 miles, Not going to be used now. Planet X Clingon. Uncut. If you'd like some more info PM me ;)

MikeD":2or9hd9l said:
25.4 flat bars of any colour seem to be dwindling.

Yes its getting damn annoying...

Now I know progress marches on, but these days it seems that they just change standards just because they can. Was there a problem with 25.4? Were they failing so often that we needed to change?

T'boo Ted":5irp3izg said:
MikeD":5irp3izg said:
25.4 flat bars of any colour seem to be dwindling.

Yes its getting damn annoying...

Now I know progress marches on, but these days it seems that they just change standards just because they can. Was there a problem with 25.4? Were they failing so often that we needed to change?

It's the fashion to overspec your bike. How many people are riding bikes that can handle so much more than they ever offer?

I'm not sure why either, but I'm starting to think the over size bars are becoming standardised due to the carbon fibre influx.....

Bloody shame, I'm just looking for some new high end flat-ish shiney silver bars for my latest build - thought that bit would be easy! I can find generic flat bars for about 15 quid - not sure how confident Ii would be hurling down steep rolls or the odd drop with them though (hmmm).

Seems as appropriate in Retro MTB Chat as the "re-issued parts thread", but you're the mod ;)

Latest posts

Back