super v ,rebuild advice link to pics

willsp2009

Dirt Disciple
hi all in the process of rebuild my new purchase my may 98 super v ,with moto 120 dh upside down forks, im wondering whats the biggest travel rear shok i can put on with the standard rear swingarm? as dont really want to go down the lines of putting the 03 jekyll swingarm on and being an uber v, thanks any help would be great

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/willsp2007/

165mm i-2-i shock with a 38mm stroke i think ;)

nice rims btw , i need a set for my vr1 ;)

thanks thats a great help, seen loads of super v pics but couldnt find the info on the shocks, it was a 100 quid ebay find, wasnt even listed as a cannondale but as soon as i seen it i knew lol

yep as the other guys said i believe

didnt they come with fox vanilla rc?

not sure what you would get away with. maybe a 175mm

isnt the uscg mount meant to be round the other way?

uscg mount?? im a newbie lol what does that mean? may of been put back together wrong as it had been resprayed it a terrible candy white

Iscg mount

Is the aluminium plate attatched to the bottom bracket

Its held on by the drive side bb cup

Its the bit the chain device fits to ;)

You wont be needing that bit if you go triple rings up front ;)

G

thats the way it fits,as the mount which fits on bb only goes on one way, there is one cog above and 2 cogs below acting as a chain guide , solid piece of kit really light to

sounds like an fsa chain device or similar

if you are going to run 3 rings up front id be intrested in the mount :cool:

i thought it would be the other way round so the guide sits away from the frame abit

tell a lie! mine is the same way :LOL: :LOL:

would be looking to sell complete, i think its a e.thriteen complete chainguide, can only find one with 2 wheels on ebay where as this has 3 little wheels/cogs, it also have a race face big cog and bash ring, l&m downhill cranks and a set of nearly new fattys flatties pedals, may keep the pedals if i can get them painted well

Back