Can you cycle up/down

Dont go up the Miners Track though, thats on all fours scrambling :shock:

When I was a kid my father made me and my brother climb snowdon by the miners track. Conveniently he neglected to tell us a train went up the other side :evil: Typical scotsman my dad, he was not paying for the train :roll:

:cool: Great. Mt Snowdon & the Scottish Mt that's name has just slipped my memory :oops:

Cycle this this year. Now just got to find the time

Snowdon has a handy railway all the way up - its not steep :LOL:

Put your bike on the train to summit, scramble it via the Crib Goch to summit, then bike down ;)

Mr Panda":yi4lg2up said:
Snowdon has a handy railway all the way up - its not steep :LOL:

Put your bike on the train to summit, scramble it via the Crib Goch to summit, then bike down ;)

tram only runs in summer when bikes are 'banned' ?

Voluntary agreement keeps bikes off between 10 and, er, 6 I think, May to October. There's enough light to get up and down before or after those times in high summer. Train runs in autumn/winter, but not to the summit and you can't take bikes on it anyway. Up Llanberis path and down Rangers/Telegraph Valley back to Llanberis is an ace loop - take your technical descending head ;)

Snowdon by MikeDavis, on Flickr

MikeD":1lldnbwl said:
Voluntary agreement keeps bikes off between 10 and, er, 6 I think, May to October. There's enough light to get up and down before or after those times in high summer. Train runs in autumn/winter, but not to the summit and you can't take bikes on it anyway. Up Llanberis path and down Rangers/Telegraph Valley back to Llanberis is an ace loop - take your technical descending head ;)

Snowdon by MikeDavis, on Flickr

Thanks for the info. Looks like i'll ride up and walk down :LOL:

i suspect i could do it with ease
dont know where it is and have no means of getting there though
wouldve pushed you up else!!

Latest posts

Back