servicing a Gt i drive questions

ramstein-dh

Retro Guru
Hello

I have just got my hands on a 2005 GT i drive dhi , which has the same i drive thingy as the other normal i drive frames.
Anyway only got sent today so not got it yet.
Does know anything about stripping these down and what to look for.
I know parts can be bought but i'm on a tight budget , so need to strip and clean it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jason

pretty simple to do, only probs come if the dog leg is broke, or the large (if this model has one) bearing is gone. make sure you have a new or vey good nick bb tool too.

jamabikes":40uwbfri said:
pretty simple to do, only probs come if the dog leg is broke, or the large (if this model has one) bearing is gone. make sure you have a new or vey good nick bb tool too.

Thanks for the info , well i got of ebay Buy now for £80.00 so cheap really as long as it is structurly sound as it had been sprayed red , so i will need to strip and inspect , but if all is ok and i need to buy parts it will still be ok , but BETD seem to be very expensive.

cheers

Jason

yeah they are expensive but good guys to deal with, and ship quickly. most bearing suppliers should be able to sort bearings out cheaper though.

I believe the later i-drives like yours use standard headset bearings in the pivot points.

JamesM":2z7vs7ox said:
I believe the later i-drives like yours use standard headset bearings in the pivot points.

Thanks for the info , is that all that can wear on an i drive ?
Do i need to cover is in grease and service it regulary?

Back