advice needed on fsa crank

hesdownagain

Old School Hero
hello. i need to change one of the chain rings on my son's yeti. it has a FSA gravity crank. what tool do i require to remove the non drive side arm. all my cranks are shimano which i'm tooled up for. this is a different fitting that screws inside the arm where the spline comes through. it's got a hollow tech type B/B. i hope you can understand what i'm talking about. thanks for any advice..

Is it not a self extracting crankbolt on the non-drive side?

If it is then all you require is a 10mm allen with sufficient leverage.

seems there are a few models of said crank. My first thoughts were the mega exo type things. Is it just one bolt (on non drive side i think)?

he is bringing it over later i can have a proper look. did not think that their was more than one option. why can't they all be shimano.....

:LOL: because then there would be no competition and no new tech! :LOL:

shimano have different models/types too! :LOL:

if you could tell em what it is? i.e megaexo, gravity quad, gravity gap, isis?

what bike/year are they from?

had a bit of a problem. went for pedal on monday morning to gat back into the swing after having a bad cold and cough over the holiday period. the calf muscle on my left leg went rock hard (gone are the days when other bits of me wen't that hard). then started to swell. i had to go to the local hospital for them to have a look. then back again all day tuesday seem i've got DVT.they have pumped enough warfarin in me to kill the rat population of i'm a celeb out. so it will have to hang on for a day or two. i'm due back up there in two hours. i will let you know. cheer's dave.

ok. just in case anyone was looking on. no problems at all. undid the two hex pins at top of crank arm (non drive side).on the front at the top of the same crank is a hex pin where on some cranks they call it a self extracting nut... not in this case as a x type hollow teck B/B was used. undid that,, make sure you use loctite when you put that back it seems they have a habbit of coming loose and falling off as the drive side one has it seems. then used rubber mallet to knock crank out . replced chainring greased crank and knocked back through B/B. job done. thanks for the advice. i replaced the FSA chain ring with a shimano one as i had a spare they are the same size so you can mix and match if you wish..

Back