Modern V brakes - these any good?

sunchaser

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I had some and they are ok,they look nice and will stop you well but the stock pads are absolute crappola,so throw them out and buy some kool stops.

:shock: for that price they need to be bombproof :shock: What is wrong with XT, XTR or Avid? Probably work much better too.

Hmm.. they are indeed very spendy & I guess they maybe don't fuction as well as xt, xtr, Avid etc but, I want to try something a little different (pimpy).

My other choice would be Avid Black Op's V brakes. Also daft in price but, I have a nos pair of their brake levers.. What are you guy's views on them?

Black Ops are great brakes. They look pimp, and they work as well as Avid SD7's, but no better, to be honest.
A great advantage, though, is that they can have the noodle swapped to the other side..
I bought a bike'sworth for £80. I wouldn't pay any more though...
Swissstop pads, mind; now there's money well spent!

For a bit different you could look at Pauls or if you can get them Origin8 have a very lightweight set and cheaper than the KCNC's.

Back