What type front mech on Giant MCM Carbon frame?

A_Venables

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ive nearly finished building my Giant Carbon MCM frame into a bike, just come round to putting the cables and front mech on and the standard top pull XT mech I have doesnt fit on the frame. It needs to go where the tubes are still splaying out where the BB is,if that makes sense?! Which type front mech should fit into this frame? What was fitted at the factory? please help!

What year is the frame? I think you need a low band mech,so that would be a m737 top pull bottom swing.....someone will no doubt correct me soon...pics would be handy as well, :D

I think its a 2000 model, one with the yellowish carbon showing on the tubes with the brand names (various names, not Giant) on the top tube. The mech I have is a low band top pull - band is lower than the top of the mech, not higher if that makes sense. I'll have to sort some pics out.

bikes011.jpg

It needs a conventional, not modern top-swing mech. If you have a look at the bottom photo, theres a very faint band on the yellow section of seat tube were the old mech sat ;)

Latest posts

Back