Carbon or Alloy

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Im looking to but some rigid forks for me new Ti . :D and i wee bit of advice would help me decide :?

Im looking as these eXotic forks that are all over Ebay priced @ £60 for alloy 90-£100 for carbon.

Now i dont believe they are weak and flimsy,ive researched a bit and theres articles on bike radar and STW praising them so all appears well on that front.I only have to decide which to get.

Any thoughts? does anyone own a pair[either alloy or carbon]and want to tell how they are getting on with them :?

Money isnt really the problem and i'd consider pace rc31's if they are recommended enough :?

Discussion? thoughts? horror stories :shock:

i quite imagine they'll be fine in your living room andy

andy has pointed out that he does not appreciate my humour
i can only appologise for this

I had the carbon ones with different stickers and an inflated price :oops:
lovely fork and really strong (even with my 14/15 stone) but they are slightly flexy when used with disc brakes and have a limit 165mm rotor as well......nice and light feeling and really direct,and they look pimped as well :cool:

i had one of the first sets of on-one carbon forks
they were quite nice but i felt a bit twangy ,and i prefered the steel spinner
x's i fitted after

gazz now has them

I had pace RC31s on a bike last year and whilst they rode well there was always that nagging doubt whenever you launched down a steep ravine in the dark.
Us Yorkies also ride with a lad who made the forks when he was at Pace. He took a look at them and asked me what i weighed. I replied '13stone' to which he rubbed his chin and eventually said 'mmmmm, yeah, you'll be alright i guess. Just dont do anything stupid'. I swapped them out the following day.

zigzag has a pair, as said they are badged up differently by many manufacturers(white,black ops, origin8, exotic). Though the pace ones are different. Have you saw the trigon ones? better looking fork for that frame I reckon andy!

Back