What happpened to silver...

Giel

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
...as a color for handlebars? Looking for 2 lightweight <250g riser bars in silver, one with 25.4 and one 31.8mm clamp, but all the manufacturers seem to offer these days is either black or white or some uberhip color that I wouldn't want to be seen dead with (read purple). Is there a silver boycot I missed, or can someone offer a hint on where to look?

Cheers, Giel

i have been thinking the same for about 4 years.

the most recent one i got was a raceface bar from a chainreaction clear out a while ago.

it is crap though. :(

I have strong reason to believe that silver will be back with a vengeance in a couple of years.

Just wait.

also looking for some bars as well a seatpost in silver.

will buy some decent black ones and DIY deanodize them, then bring them to a anodizing company and let them anodidze in silver.

thats, in my opinion, the only solution to have some qualitiy parts in silver :eek:

There are a good few silver posts and stems around. Bars are harder to find but you can easily remove the black and go for a raw brushed finish. I have done this a few times now.

Silver will be the new black!

Si

Silver can be tricky to source for bars but I did find some NOS X-Lite XC2 silver risers in my LBS. Might still be a pair there, if you're interested I'll have a look, dunno what postage would be to you

Spec is Cold drawn from seamless 7075-T6 aluminium, this XC Riser Bar is made from 7075-T6 Aluminium for Minimum Weight & Maximum Strength. It has a 35mm Rise and a 9 Degree Sweep for a comfortable riding position, comes in your choice of Silver or Black and weighs only 200 grams.
# Cold-Drawn, Heat-Treated & Seamless 7075-T6 Aluminium Tubing
# Anodised finish w/Laser-Cut Graphics
# Rise:35mm
# Sweep: 9 Degrees
# Width: 625mm (25.4")
# Weight: 200g

Fitted a pair of 'em to my Clockwork in anticipation of silver coming back in fashion..

4813144152_ea64fd6a89_z.jpg

Back