New P7

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I paid a visit to a distant bike shop today,just a wander about not looking for anything in particular :D
The shop sells Orange bikes so i took a look at the current P7[as the clockwork doesnt seem to be around anymore].
Laughing is how i had to deal with it>dear God in Heaven :x its horrible
Horrible and ALLOY
:roll: P7 in name only.
I think Orange have lost it completely and turned into yet another generic brand :?
For years i wanted a P7 but just couldnt afford it and opted for a Clockwork instead,and as they're pretty damn similar i reckon the ride would be similar too :?

My personal thinking is
ALLOY-ROAD
CARBON-ROAD.
Ti + STEEL -MTB

:oops:

i think you find the tubing is reynolds 631 cromo ;) available in a nice shade of poo brown aswel!

but yeah, nothing like the old skool! :D

Bar colour options, looks OK to me. I'd seriously consider one if I needed a new bike and it was one of the options out there.

631 is a great tubeset and they've beefed it up with gussets at head-tube/down tube join, which is a bit if a nod to the Bontragers of old.

P7s were always a bit clumsier-looking than Clockworks and the Prestiges they replaced.

Think the p7's are quite nice myself. They seem to have evolved to suite the modern market if you look at the time line. :? Defo steel as well... They don't even look like aluminium. :?

The r8 is more retro in design I guess. I think they're lovely. :cool:

I like the new P7's, had a 2008 model which I sold this year, I would agree it's not as dainty as the Prestige I used to have but it's still a classic frameset.

And I think you'll find Its called "Dog shit Brown"... for obvious reasons ;-)

In my defence-I gave it a ping and it sounded like alloy :oops:

But i still dont like the look of it :evil:

Hate the new P7, love the new R8.

I've owned two P7's and a Clockwork. I think I'm respraying my '00 P7, I don't think there is a better version: modern enough to have a 1 1/8" steerer and disc mount, but still has a classic MTB shape. Frames designed around long-travel forks with sliding dropouts look sooo shit.

Back