Help me keep my feet warm!!

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Now that winter is rapidly approaching I am becoming increasingly aware that my Specialized cycling shoes are really for warm/dry weather use only.
Years ago I wore Sidi Dominators which seemed to offer more weather protection than my current shoes, after yesterdays ride my toes were bloody freezing!

So do I go for a seperate pair of winter shoes? If so, what?

Or do I go for some kind of winter sock or overboot?

Whatever I get will be used for MTB off & on road, and I don't want to spend vast amounts of cash either.

saltyman":1cktluwg said:
Seal skinz mid length thermals will keep you warm and dry!

My immediate thoughts when I saw the topic. I picked some up a year or so ago and they're great.

Really? I know a few people who have used Sealskinz gloves for non-mtb duties and were not particulary impressed.
I'll have a look and keep an open mind though...

Assos Merinos socks or whatever they call them these days.
Embrocation/Heat balm
I have a pair of Shimano winter boots but it's not necessary half the time when your socks are right. Some waterproof shoe covers to keep the rain/wind out would be a good idea though....

bought myself a pair of specialized defrosters last winter and they are awesome.

bone dry feet even in the worst rain, and toasty warm no matter how cold.

i payed £100 for 'em and have got to say they are by far my best cycle related purchase in years.

saltyman":2qfssfjj said:
Seal skinz mid length thermals will keep you warm and dry!
Yup I used to suffer with cold feet until I tried them.

Another vote here for Sealskins. Even if it's hacking down so much with rain that it runs down your legs and fills them up, it's nice warm bathwater inside!

Back