Fox float questions

marin man

Old School Grand Master
I have a fox float shock,
a few questions
1;when I compress it with no air in it still rebounds,should this happen.
2;it makes a small rubbing noise inside when I fully compress it,is that normal
3;what psi should it be for about 14 stone :?:

and has anyone got a service manual for it,pic below,Thanks.

Attachments

• P1010828.JPG
    P1010828.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,740
marin man":3ir7mae5 said:
just need a pump for it now :roll:

For a cheap option, if my rear shock turns up this week and I can get both it and my forks set for my weight this weekend, I can loan you a Wrench Force pump next week.

Thanks for the offer nick,It will get me out of a little problem for a while :D Thanks again.

P.s. how is your new trek going :?: :cool:

No problem.

The Trek is all assembled aside from the flippin rear shock which has yet to arrive. The gears will need tweaking with the shock on and the brakes too, but I'm so close I can smell woodland and dirt!

I should know more about the shock tomorrow, so I'll get back to you in the evening about the likelihood of getting this pump to you next week.

Thanks neil,I have my vanilla on my marin which (frame and shock) was new old stock this year but it has taken me all year to find an air shock for the frame as it is 165mm eye to eye,that was why I tried to blag your old one :LOL: anyway I was a bit worried about the small rubbing feeling in the shock at near full compression but if that is normal then so be it.....

Scott. :D

Trek did ask for that shock back Steve. Funnily enough when I first looked at this thread it set me wondering who'd asked after mine, lol.

Nick C":28p8liri said:
Trek did ask for that shock back Scott. Funnily enough when I first looked at this thread it set me wondering who'd asked after mine, lol.

I have changed my name to its actual form for you Nick,I got the shock from cyfa89 who had it and no use for it.....swapped some lovely bling for it too :cry:

marin man":3boheuas said:
Thanks Nick,I have my vanilla on my marin which...

I'll do the same for you then. :LOL:

Never good to get rid of bling. It's not quite bling, but I'm just about to photograph an XTR rear mech, I need to build up my depleted PayPal account to enable a replacement front chain ring. The default Deore grey is disgusting and it will be next year before I can replace the whole chainset.

Back