£4,400 for the new Orange 5 SE!!!!!!!

graham1975

Senior Retro Guru
Thats outragous, single pivot pile of crap, ohh and then you have to pay EXTRA to choose a colour.
They need to remember that for that dosh you have the choice of around 98% of mountain bikes.
My brother paid £2,600 2 years ago for his SE and he had upgrades for that.
Orange must think they are up there with the best for some strange reason.

Havent you heard? Its a new marketing initiative by the Tories to steal from the poor and give to the rich.

as much as i love orange, it's not just them,

i emailed lynskey for a quote, for what i wanted they wanted £3200, decided i didn't want it that much!! :LOL:

it seems costs have gone up in all areas (materials, exchange rates etc) which give an end price to the consumer that is sphincter troubling.

I've got an idea to combat all these expensive new bikes.
Why not make up a decent bike from old parts ?
You know, say get hold of a decent 15 year old frame, and build it from parts. Not sure if it will catch on.

the great roberto":ywu0bvt8 said:
I've got an idea to combat all these expensive new bikes.
Why not make up a decent bike from old parts ?
You know, say get hold of a decent 15 year old frame, and build it from parts. Not sure if it will catch on.

What's wrong with you? Have you been posessed by an idiot?

I just think all bike shops should not make as much on bikes and sell them at cost that way all bikes will be cheap!!
Just for instance check out Cube bikes and there prices compared to Orange.
The same specced bike from Cube is around the 3K mark and they are a far superior ride in every way.
So why do Orange want an EXTRA 1.5K for a box standard single pivot bike??? Crazy.

the great roberto":1viu0mc4 said:
................get hold of a decent 15 year old frame, and build it from parts. Not sure if it will catch on.

Aye, yer just bein' bloody silly for the sake of it now.........
angry7.gif

Latest posts

Back