Where the hell have all the '99 slime green clockworks gone?

i-am-iron-man":2ms59633 said:
I've got a 17" on in sweet condition about to go begging if you were after one...

Im not in the market to buy one,just dont seem to see them too often,most are white/orange.
I take a 21" frame anyway :LOL:

Yes, there have been a couple on ebay in the last couple of weeks.
Are you sure they're '99 YM 's?
I seem to remember the alternative colour was blue, they're don't seem to be too many of those around either?
I see there's one on the sales forum, but it's been resprayed.
The colour wasn't to everybodies taste!

The 99 if i remember correctly was named the c16r rather than the usual clockwork.
I was a bit upset that mine when it arrived was the above,i wanted it to be named clockwork,but its all the same really

It would be nice if the continued to release the clockwork in its original skinny tubed form,without going all hydroformed or alloy.To keep in the true/retro/vintage shape and geometry :cool: :cool:

Think the blue option was 97/98 and have defo seen a 99 slime green one. :? The 99 shouldn't have been called the c16. Think they only called it the c16 for about 3 years around the mid 90's. :?

I had a 2007 Clockwork frame. Still steel and quite skinny but no wish-bone stays. Very nice frame. :D

I'd read somewhere that Orange were only making 200 - 250 of each model in the mid to late 1990's (maybe still?). If that's true, and not all would have been slime green, I wonder how many are actually out there? I've seen maybe 6 - 8 for sale in the last few years.

Have a 17" slime green one with wish bone stays hanging in the shed ......well the frame and an asortment of bits anyway,its in a bit of a state at the mo , will get a respray some time .... in slime green .. and then rebuilt for one of the boys to use .

Back