2011 Shimano SLX

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
To show that I am throughly embracing the new forum layout, here is the chainset from the new 2011 Shimano SLX 10 speed groupset which landed on my desk earlier this week. IMO it's by far the most handsome set of components in the Shimano range, obviously lacking the true beauty of M735 and M900 but, nonetheless, still pleasing in form.

SLX10.jpg

:shock:
Looks like it was designed by Darth Vader :D

It will be interesting to see how ghastly 10 speed is in British gloop.

SLX is probably the best value groupset in Shimano's range, not quite as light as XT, but loads cheaper & it works just as well (9spd) dunno how the new DynaSys 10spd compares but if it's as good as the 9spd it'll be excellent

I think that is identical to my 2010 none DynaSys SLX aka 9spd chainset on my 1991 bike apart from the inner ring is now 24 tooth and not 22 and the DynaSys sticker on it.

Been working well apart from some groans but that could be my 8 speed chain it's not licking.

FluffyChicken":2ju3ocgw said:
Been working well apart from some groans but that could be my 8 speed chain it's not licking.
You're not meant to lick it, try some oil instead of saliva ;)

SLX is tbe best mid-range group Shimano have ever made. Period. I'd use it if money was short.

To be honest, apart from the brake levers and a bit of weight, I'd go so far as to say it outperforms M770/5 XT.

Andy B":2or1sv85 said:
SLX is probably the best value groupset in Shimano's range, not quite as light as XT,
actually SLX arms are lighter than XT. its the rings & bolts that are heavier.

SLX is good stuff. Better value and finish than the old LX IMHO. Have SLX shifters and mech on my modern bike, the dual release is great.

Back