Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:22 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:52 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
What you fail to see though Guv, is that Brant says so. Must be all true then.

lol indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 3949
Location: a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam
I didnt realise Brant was such a derided figure.

I always thought he was a kinda groovy young British designer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:58 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Calder Valley
KeepItSteel wrote:
I didnt realise Brant was such a derided figure.

I always thought he was a kinda groovy young British designer.


Exactly, prehaps some people on here would like a **** to design there bikes.
Atleast i found figures for Ragley unlike any other brand, all i was saying was that ragley is a hard hitting all mountain version of the On-one and Cotics, thats my opinion, OBVIOUSLY not everyones, why do certain people on here try and twist things and if you dont agree with THEM then you are wrong!!!!!!!!! Isnt that wahat a forum is all about expressing your opinion and diffrent ideas!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23175
Location: Retrobike HQ
graham1975 wrote:
Exactly, prehaps some people on here would like a **** to design there bikes.


Totally unacceptable. Carry on like that and you'll get yourself a ban. Understand?[/b]


Last edited by John on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:28 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23175
Location: Retrobike HQ
graham1975 wrote:
Atleast i found figures for Ragley unlike any other brand, all i was saying was that ragley is a hard hitting all mountain version of the On-one and Cotics, thats my opinion, OBVIOUSLY not everyones, why do certain people on here try and twist things and if you dont agree with THEM then you are wrong!!!!!!!!!



Is that aimed at me? Nice.

graham1975 wrote:
Isnt that wahat a forum is all about expressing your opinion and diffrent ideas!?


Yes, if you make it clear something is your opinion and not fact. You expressed something as though fact - then made a weak attempt to back it up. I simply expressed my opinion that your statement was not based in fact.


KeepItSteel wrote:
I didnt realise Brant was such a derided figure.

I always thought he was a kinda groovy young British designer.


Really? Think even a quick scan through many a bike forum will reveal Mr Richards seems to divide opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:06 pm
Posts: 917
Location: St.Annes
this started as a nice thread with some nice bikes in it, i dont like it anymore :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:54 am
Posts: 127
Location: Hebden Bridge
Graham, give it a rest......rightly or wrongly not many people on here like Ragleys, or Fugleys, Radleys, Fat Pigs, Overweight Cotics, New On-Ones etc...etc...

I think they are quirky, new, underated and potential retro bikes of the future and love em just as much as you. Frustratingly I think you have asked for atrition / argument with your title thread !!!

Hell, they get some real grief, for what I think are fantastic bikes with great attention to detail and that suit UK conditions and the new wave of big hitting hardtails.

A few months ago, I opened a thread where some dude was showing off his bog standard double triangle 1999 / 2000ish Specialized Aluminium hardtail "whatever" in red with 100mm travel and probably one of 16 trizillion made and sold!!!. What followed to my amezement / horror was 3 pages of adoration and people saying "I wish that was mine" !!

This is were I become confused.....

Kev


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:54 am
Posts: 127
Location: Hebden Bridge
John wrote:
graham1975 wrote:
Atleast i found figures for Ragley unlike any other brand, all i was saying was that ragley is a hard hitting all mountain version of the On-one and Cotics, thats my opinion, OBVIOUSLY not everyones, why do certain people on here try and twist things and if you dont agree with THEM then you are wrong!!!!!!!!!



Is that aimed at me? Nice.

graham1975 wrote:
Isnt that wahat a forum is all about expressing your opinion and diffrent ideas!?


Yes, if you make it clear something is your opinion and not fact. You expressed something as though fact - then made a weak attempt to back it up. I simply expressed my opinion that your statement was not based in fact.


KeepItSteel wrote:
I didnt realise Brant was such a derided figure.

I always thought he was a kinda groovy young British designer.


Really? Think even a quick scan through many a bike forum will reveal Mr Richards seems to divide opinion.


So did Maradona ?..... :wink:

Kev


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:38 am 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:00 am
Posts: 1737
Location: Cumbria
I knew I shouldn't have looked :lol: ...just threw up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 02gf74 and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group