Cycling in 2020

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Everything is pointing towards cycling becoming massive in the next ten years.

What do you think the major developments will be?

I think we will see many more hybrids, as electric motors become smaller and more efficient along with their batteries.

The battery will operate the gears and clutch, providing near CVT, as well as the lights and we will see more built in features like sat nav/music replay devices.

Safety features will begin to feature prominently, and that is an area that will seriously challenge the current safety bicycle.

I can't see recumbent designs finding favour where bicycles encounter cars, etc. as part of their daily grind but the more dedicated cycle routes developed will lead to their increased use, and they are much more suitable for all weather use and safety features.

The useless bike hire scheme in London will be overtaken by much better alternatives. Could there be worse?

Exciting time to live in if you are bike keen really.

:)

I think recumbents would be more popular if a lot cheaper. I'd buy one again if didn't cost near £2000

I don't know about the rest of your question as i don't take much notice of what's going on in the modern mtb.
I do like 10 speed :oops: and my ear pricked up when they said Trimbles were being made again. Then realized to good to be true :evil: :(

Yeah Tin, the thing that always puts me of Recs is the riding position.

When I lived in Denmark I used on a lot, but over there they had much more dedicated cycle paths, so the main problem was ameliorated somewhat.

Whatever bikes you are into, the expansion of cycling as a whole cannot fail to work out well for you.

I want to give up cars completely some day.

:)

Not sure about equipment developments, but hopefully much more in the way of cycle paths on commuting routes. They were being added to quite regularly a few years ago but seem to have slowed down (lack of funds no doubt :?)

do you really think its on its way up?
im not saying its reached its peak, and it is a stable market (i think)
but its very hard to judge?

great if thats the way forward :cool:
it does make sense

All accounts I have heard of the bike hire in London have sung its praises, and judging by the number of people I have to filter through on the commuter run into work who are on Borris Bikes I think the scheme has been greeted with open arms by new users.

Less cars in ten years will probably be a huge bonus for me since I expect to be completely reliant on motorized transport by then. . . Result if I'm wrong and it would be ace to see more self propelled transport used.

Can't really form an opinion since pretty much everything I find out about cycling is from this site...

Alternatively the EU will introduce health and safety legislation that will make cycling far too dangerous an activity for anyone. Thus cycling as a past time will disapear underground to a dive bar in a west end town...........................er, I think i lost my thread there :roll:

Back