Ti frame ID help needed,maybe international?

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
:D
I got this via a link by big.eck to an ad on gumtree[Edinburgh]Enid promptly offered to uplift it for me and it was duly handed over this afternoon :D

The guy i got it off said that he bought it from the interbike expo show when it was in Poland and he got it off the Campagnolo stand.
Now i dont think Campagnolo made it themselves rather it was used to show off their mtb groupo[what year i dont know]I'll text the seller later and find out what show and what date :?
Origins ?
Campy is Italian so could it be from an Italian MTB maker?
The way the dropouts are welded looks familiar :? but im not sure,i was thinking litespeed but why would they pick a US company over a local European one :?
---

As you can see from the pics it is disc only,has S-bend seatstays although they dont look as pronounced as most :? infact :oops: :oops: quite sexy and slim :oops: :oops: :oops:
The bottom bracket has no number stamped on it, but it has 0382 stamped on the drive side dropout and on the other i can just make out 42 with OTK underneath,inside a circle :? no idea what this is :?[Googling though interesting, didnt help :shock: :LOL:]

The frame mounts are all welded in and look to be of good quality,the cable mounts are the usual slotted on the top but the hose routing are just little tubes,so you'd have to dismantle the hose to fit the brakes.I suspect the top hose mounts have been cut and widened to accept the hose easier but the seat stay mount is still as a tube,so at least that one is original :?

I spent all last night and most of today trying to search for anything related to interbike expo and campagnolo but i cannot find a thing and really need the collective knowledge of the forum to get this one identified :D
Other info :?
Seat tube C-C is 20 1/2" C-T 21 3/4"
Top tube C-C is 23 1/2"[23 3/4" :?]
Chainstay C-C is 16 3/4"[approx]
Seat stay C-C is 21" [approx]
Head tube length is 5 1/2"[140mm]
BB -68mm
Rear spacing -135mm
Disc mount 51mm Appears to be for a 150mm or slightly less rotor :?
Polished finish
Probable its for an 80-100 fork[but ive no idea about the geometry so could be anything :?

Enough chit chat ? OK :D
questions might help others remember ;)

Attachments

• unknown ti frame (5).jpg
    unknown ti frame (5).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,916
  • unknown ti frame (2).jpg
    unknown ti frame (2).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,916
  • unknown ti frame (1).jpg
    unknown ti frame (1).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,916
And

Attachments

• unknown ti frame (3).jpg
    unknown ti frame (3).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,912
  • unknown ti frame (4).jpg
    unknown ti frame (4).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,912
  • unknown ti frame (7).jpg
    unknown ti frame (7).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,912
  • unknown ti frame (6).jpg
    unknown ti frame (6).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,912
finally the dropout with the 42 otk inside the circle

Attachments

• unknown ti frame (8).jpg
    unknown ti frame (8).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,910
No idea what Campag would be doing with a MTB on their display. They dropped out of MTB component market in 93 or so.....

Far too modern a frame design to have been around when campag were doing MTB groupo's

I've sent the guy a text asking for better details.It was Enid that actually spoke to him,he then sent me a text saying it came from the campagnolo stand in Poland at the interbike expo show,other than that i have no ideas

Do the dropouts look familiar to anyone

dont know anything but that is a rather fine looking bike and just my size, let me know if you tire of her :LOL: :LOL:

clockworkgazz":3lnlsp6k said:
dont know anything but that is a rather fine looking bike and just my size, let me know if you tire of her :LOL: :LOL:

Give us a chance :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
:cool:
Im still trying to find a maker but im hopefully getting closer
This guy has a rather tasty looking track bike which he says has OTK stamped on it .
http://velospace.org/node/30034
And his thread
http://velospace.org/forums/discussion/ ... g-a-wheel/
He says the fork has the same OTK stamp as the frame.A bit of googling on the letters seems to point towards the tubing or welding process used,so no further forward there,i can only hope the original seller comes back to me with some information to date is at least

Old thread bump in the failing hope someone new recognises the style :)

Built up it looks such

Attachments

• Mystery Ti 002 (Large).JPG
    Mystery Ti 002 (Large).JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 637
Back