Retro-ish looking lock ons

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone recommend any lock on grips which look retro-ish? Have ODI on other bikes but find they're a bit on the wide side for the intended bike.

Please no smart arse comments about sticking grips.

Lock on Ourys, not meant to be as good as regular grips due to the hard inner bit but look retro.

Charge Sponge grips?

Lovely ano collars

Sponge.jpg

I'll measure mine later if you want the dimensions

Any pointers to lock-on type grips without hard cores would also be appreciated by me.....

Really not keen on the Pro and Specialized ones I've tried to date.

i thought you could buy them in different lengths?
not sure which brand,
maybe it was brooks - which would look retro :cool:

£52 for a pair of grips cut from scrap?? . . .

I wonder what the finish is like too. I've got a Brooks saddle and while it's very comfortable the finish of the metalwork on the underside is very rough, it's well chromed but the edges of the stamped and pressed steel parts are sharp. It doesn't really effect the performance, but if you grab the saddle to move the bicyle you notice the sharp edges on the saddle bag loops, I haven't actually cut myself yet, but you'd expect better from a premium priced product with such a reputation.

Hadn't seen the Ritchey ones. They look a bit awkward to me for some reason. Shame, could have been good.

Brooks seems a bit costly.

Charge, no. The ano colllars are a bit modern.

Oury are also a good call. Never really used their regular grips though.

Anyone used these ODI mushroom esque ones from superstar> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mushroom-Lock-Han ... 2303433cb9 . If ODI did an open ended lock mushroom (and close ended) lock on I'd buy it in a second.

Also tempted to give some of the PRO grips a go. These > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Atherton-Pro-Star ... 3caa8c07d9 or the XCR ones.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back