What Courier Do You Use for Frames & Bikes?

stuarts

Retro Guru
Guys,
I've been having a bit of trouble with Parcelforce recently, and was wondering what are the best alternatives for shipping frames & bike - inland and abroad.
Cheers.

I use TNT because we have a contract with them at work.They are not that cheap but have never had a problem.Wheels I use std Parcelforce at the Post Office.jm.

I just used Parcelforce to send a frame to Sweden.
Seems like I was undercharged at the P.O. as they only charged me the actual weight. Whereas online it said it needed to be volumetric weight and was working out at 95 quid! For 130 insurance cover and tracked it cost me just under 70.

I've heard Parcel2go are cheap and was tempted - but heard they can be a hassle as they don't pick up when they say they will, can be as much as a week later. And no number to call to complain if it goes missing, just online chat. Anyone had that experience?

For a 3rd party courier you can walk in to, and therefore actually complain to a person if it goes missing.... Mailboxes Etc seem to have flat rate shipping prices at some of their branches, as long as under 30kg. Can't see any size limit.

Edinburgh prices example: http://mailboxrental.mbe.co.uk/edinburgh/worldwide-package-delivery.php

I have used Interparcel for sending various things, including bikes, bits of car and computer equipment.

They are usually good value as they are a broker, and you can choose the end carrier, cover and delivery type - typically cheaper than going direct.

In the only instance that something I sent failed to arrive, they were very helpful in sorting out the problem. I found a replacement item and said 'get it from there' and they did the legwork.

Also, they take paypal.

i used parcel2go on the recommendation of a few others on here
£25 for 2 parcel, a set of wheels and a (the rest of) a bike and two sets of forks.
went by hdnl

the parcel coming my way was just over £10 but is a bit smaller
on senditnow

Back