Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

Log your rides
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=121151

Author:  kaiser [ Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Log your rides

Been out for a nice spin? Post a pic or a sentence or two describing it. Post how far you went or if your cycling towards a target tell us your progress. Keep it short and simple though :D Feel free to include the mundane too!

Author:  KeepItSteel [ Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Last tuesday, night ride around Virginia Water & Windsor Great Park, including venturing off-road on some tracks id never found before.

20 miles in total including the last 5 miles on my own, which is an interesting experience when its pitch black!
I did come across numerous deer, hedgehogs, and the highlight, an owl sitting on a rock staring at me about 20 feet away before casually swooping away

Author:  tintin40 [ Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Got the train to Kew Gardens then cycled along the Thames footpath to Richmond Park cycled round it 3 times. Lost my mobile during it and got hit by a concerned parent who thought i was going to fast past his family even though i had stopped pedaling and had the front brake on. SO told him to F**K off. Saw two mtbers who tried to cycle faster than me. They don't.

Author:  kaiser [ Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wee shakedown ride for the new bike. 13.5 miles up the coast :D

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Entered my first cyclocross race today :shock: god am I unfit! Bit of a wake up call. Just under ten miles in just over an hour!

Author:  Piperdave [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:05 am ]
Post subject: 

Did my care round on my bike today. Not many miles, but good to be out in the air.

D

Author:  lewis1641 [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:58 am ]
Post subject: 

took the proflex out on sunday with mikef350. fist time out on the proflex and mike has bought my old khs. every time we stopped i picked up the wrong bike.

set off at 7.30 in the first frost i have seen this season. did about 10 miles and collected my car from the pub on the way back.

love the proflex.

Author:  mikee [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

took velo and zigzag out in the lomonds (my hill) yesterday
they seemed a bit put out by the 4.5 mile climb to start with
but once up the bishop hill they cheered up a bit ,well ZZ did anyway
he was girly giggling at the gliders straffing us
took off the edge of the world a nice near vertical in places mile long
descent ,zz all giggly again ,velo cautiously walking it
trekked acress the diel's burdens (i hate that bit) and on to the radio mast and singletrack heaven and a 4 mile down hill back to my house
for tea coffee etc

top day as any up there are ,tho i think velo was a bit nacked
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... start=3750
for some pics(bottom of the page )

Author:  The Ken [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Commute this morning, first proper time on the bike after a weeks hols, only a couple of miles, crisp and dry, felt fantastic despite riding my bike with the seatpost set low for the bmx park at the weekend.

School run first on the pavements :oops: dropped off the kids then 25 mph on the flat away from the lights, on to the downhill - 32mph freewheeling and then more flat for the last mile at about 20mph.

Exhilarating and Refreshing.

Why can I manage an extra 5mph after a week off the bike?

Author:  johntheboy [ Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rode up to the Southdowns way via Rewell woods/Whiteways then dropped down into Houghton and picked up the bridleway along the banks of the river Arun. Nipped through Arundel then picked up the bridleway behind the Cottage Hosp which takes you back into Rewell woods again.14.5 mls in total. Did not see a soul out on the trails :D , bet everyone else was at work.

Author:  KeepItSteel [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

mikee wrote:
took velo and zigzag out in the lomonds (my hill) yesterday
they seemed a bit put out by the 4.5 mile climb to start with
but once up the bishop hill they cheered up a bit ,well ZZ did anyway
he was girly giggling at the gliders straffing us
took off the edge of the world a nice near vertical in places mile long
descent ,zz all giggly again ,velo cautiously walking it
trekked acress the diel's burdens (i hate that bit) and on to the radio mast and singletrack heaven and a 4 mile down hill back to my house
for tea coffee etc

top day as any up there are ,tho i think velo was a bit nacked
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... start=3750
for some pics(bottom of the page )

Nice pics!
I gotta get out for a weekend in the hills.

Author:  kaiser [ Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Biked to work today, been a good few months,nice enough morning. Light died on me, fortunately not far from work. 20.5miles with a wee detour on the way home :D

Author:  Pogo [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:49 am ]
Post subject: 

Went out last night for a couple of hours, trail finding over the tops of the Carneddau. Wet cold and muddy, feet frozen solid. But a lovely ride in a clear and starry night.

Riding through the Winter is hopefully going to serve me well come Springtime. 8)

Author:  KeepItSteel [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:58 am ]
Post subject: 

I did another 20 miles round Windsor Great Park last night, stopped by a warden for tresspassing who then said we looked like nice fella's so we can do what we want (?)
Temperature drop really hit home last night, my feet were still like two lumps of ice when I eventually got to bed

Author:  lewis1641 [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 am ]
Post subject: 

rode to work this morning. it was half a mile. :lol:

Author:  Dr.Robotnik [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Cold. Windy. Expect the commute will end up like this soon.

Author:  JamesM [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

On Monday I rode from Rowberrow over the top of the Mendips towards Burrington via Black Down and the trig point at Beacon Batch, then back and then generally all over the place around there including the trig point again. It was a lovely sunny day, not to cold and the trails were pretty much all dry. I saw some people walking, I saw some people painting, I saw three moutainbikers, one in the distance and I spoke to the other two and showed them some trails. I also saw 3 squirrels, loads of pheasants, lots of trees and rocks and stones and some mud. I was out for around 3 hours and did maybe 15 to 20 miles. I was on my SS and I just rode along enjoying the peace and quiet.

Author:  uktyler [ Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Not been out this week yet.
Last week I needed to visit my son in hospital, the trouble was all of my tools are in the UK and the only round rear wheel I had here in Germany was a single speed. Good job it is flat here.
http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... 422hlm3dop

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Full weekend riding Glentress. Brilliant :D

Author:  lewis1641 [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Did about 15 miles today with a couple of mates. One has just picked up a mid 90's diamond back. Did more chatting than riding but sometimes its better that way

Author:  mikee [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 am ]
Post subject: 

glentress saturday ,top company so i had a good time

sunday half an hour with the dogs round my forest

this morning an hour round the town park with the daughter's dog

cracking but cold day so i might venture out this afternoon

Author:  tintin40 [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cycled 3 times round Richmond Park via Thames foot path at Kew gds.
A person in a cycle shop thought my Trimble was an S bike :evil: Looks nothing like an S :lol:

Author:  taffy [ Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Epping forest on the Yo eddy. A solid hour of muddy single track and fire roads lovely :) just over 12 miles all in. Only marred by Finish lines extreme chain lube not doing what it said on the bottle.

Author:  KeepItSteel [ Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

A good hour round Swinley Forest, Bracknell with three other RB members, had my best over the handlebars 'off' in years, got seperated from the others on a twisting technical downhill section, and got totally lost on my way back to the entrance.

All in have no real idea what my mileage was, probably around 12-15 miles, got totally soaked and caked in mud. Loved it. (apart from all of us suffering various technical issues with all the sandy mud).

Author:  lewis1641 [ Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just done about 15 miles on the proflex to collect my car after a house party last night. He lives just off the a15. A long, arrow straight roman road so i decided to mix things up. Plan was to ride the river bank then take a footpath across the fields then take the scenic twisty back roads to his house.

River bank was pleasant enough. Got to the bridge to head across the fields and they've been ploughed. Really didn't fancy mud plugging so continued along the river.

Saw a lonely goose flying low and making loads of noise. Made myself sad thinking it's lost it's mates and the aero advantage of formation flying so it's probably not going to survive. Made myself feel better thinking that it's a non conformist bird doing his own thing and will live fast and die young.

Made it to the twisty road. And it was closed. Diversion was following the a15. That's not a good place to be on a bike so i took my chances on the closed road. Pleased i did as it was clear.

Got to my mate's house and all evidence of the previous night's antics have gone. Spot of lunch, walked his dog then drove home.

Good way to deal with a sore head.

Author:  johntheboy [ Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice quick 11 miles today 100% offroad up to Bignor via whiteways and back thro Slindon. Some mud but not to bad, one or two fallen trees to climb over must have been windy at some time over the weekend.

Author:  taffy [ Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Epping again and frankly i should not have bothered :(

A 1/2 mile section of bridleway churned to thick treackly mud that clogged the chainstays, forks and chain/mech 3 times.
Then this huuuge
(1" x 2 1/2") stump

attacked my front wheel and threw me off bruising my pride and left shoulder crisping my rear wheel a bit (strange as my front hit it hard! not the rear) blowing a fork seal and trashing my brake levers and thumbies.

Author:  tintin40 [ Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

3 easy laps of Richmond Park. Ground mostly to soft for Rocket Rons.

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went for a scoot round carron valley with ZZ, Velo and Rado today, Came a cropper of a wee drop off and starting to stiffen up now :o Still nice day out!

Author:  lewis1641 [ Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Enjoyed a bit of cross contamination of area groups by meeting up with chrisv40 and ben fluffychicken for what was promised to be a steady ride.

Being a tight git i parked on the south bank of the humber and cycled over the bridge.
We once again put the world to rights, bored ben with car stories, said hello to the modern riders and even managed to get 20 miles in.

Roll on sunday for the lincoln ride

Author:  tintin40 [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

first ride on the Kestrel :D So tinkered with the seat pin hight, seating position. Have to change to proper winter rubber as Rocket Rons are rubbish in the sticky stuff.

Rides like a dream. Brakes are rubbish. perhaps to light for a mtb??
it will do for a winter hack ride :lol:

Author:  LobsterBoy [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Wiggle order arrived this morning (DMR V12s, Cateye Enduro 8 comp and EL350 light) So I fitted them all and set off at sunset, did 12.5 miles of the Mary Townley loop on the Pennine Bridleway to test the new bits:
Pedals - Amazingly fantastic and great!
Light - Don't buy for MTB! Spot is tiny, spent most of the ride using my head torch beam at 7mph.
Comp - Seems good but I can no longer claim ignorance in my local 20mph zone (...31 :oops: )
Weather was lovely but my toes froze as my Seal-Skins failed last ride.

Author:  johntheboy [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

First ride for 2 weeks due to weather and too many other things taking up my time. Quick spin up to Bignor and back. 1 minute into ride chain snapped. Fixed with KMC quick link, 20 minutes later face plant on chalky downhill ouch! left hand still trobbing. Not to much mud new Panaracer Trail Rakers worked very well. View at the top of Bignor fantastic all the valleys full of mist where on above 200m sunshine and clear skys. Saw 2 foxes and 7 deer, oh! and 2 other MTBers a rare sight mid week. Going again Thursday!!!!

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

:D Bike2work this morning. Bugger of a headwind all the way and started retching through lack of food and exersion! Got soaked on the way home but easier pedalling. Still good to be back on the bike :D

Author:  kaiser [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike 2 work again, alot nicer today. Lovely winter afternoon for the ride home :D

Author:  tintin40 [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Conti Edge tires on the rear. So now no problems in the mud. 3 laps of the Park. Had a fall now my ribs hurt :x

Author:  Shamus [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yesterdays ride... changing studded tyres right now.

Author:  Pogo [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

I rode the Marin Trail near Llanrwst the other night, absolutely jiggered at the end of it- cold, wet and hungry... The last half an hour was hard work as the light on my torches was dimming quite badly and I won't mention how utterly diabolical my brakes are, I'm in serious danger of losing some teeth what with not being able to see or stop!

But I'm quite pleased with my progress so far, it's now been about 6 months since I got back on my bike and finally I'm getting somewhere with this fitness malarky. Hopefully if I can get out one or two night s a week throughout the Winter I'll be well placed to enjoy the Spring and Summer. :D

Author:  FSR-Si [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went for a quick blast today (or thats what i told the wife) 3.5 hours and 36 miles later i arrive home covered in shite from head to toe and aching all over, parents sat waiting and i got the "look" from the wife. Was well worth the grief though :D

Author:  Carge [ Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Took the MrXC out for it's first ride on Thursday - rode down to the Kennet&Avon and then rode west from Theale - stopped just past Kintbury and turned round. Stopped at the tearoom for a cuppa too - luvverly!

About 45 miles - some muddy bits but the towpath is great for getting the mileage in!

And the Rangers in Windsor Great Park can get a bit snotty sometimes - just don't try to ride down the Long Walk!

Author:  FSR-Si [ Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Couldn't be arsed with work today so took the day off, went out on the boardman and managed 43 miles in 4hr 20mins, Good effort today and pleased with that :D

Downside... Back to the shithole known as work tomorrow :cry:

Author:  JohnH [ Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Knew that snow would be here soon, so got out on the bike for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, while I still can....

It's funny to compare riding this route in the summer, when my brain was boiling in the 28 degree heat, with riding it in late autumn when you can ride and ride without danger of overheating. And of course, the scenery has changed character...

Not long after I'd taken that last photo, I was zipping down a track when I heard what sounded like a drummer hitting a loud "cymbal crash" -- but that noise was quickly followed by a "floppety-cloppety-floppety-cloppety" noise coming from the rear tyre and a bumpy ride for my backside. 45psi to zero in less than a second... :roll:

Thankfully, Slindon village was a short walk away which gave me somewhere to replace the rear inner tube before carefully limping home with the new tube slightly bulging out of the gash in my rear tyre. :shock:

Here it is after some of the air has been let out....

Author:  johntheboy [ Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Friday, a happy but cold 2 hours single tracking at Whiteways. Can't tell you how far because it was so cold the battery on my speedo failed!

Author:  tintin40 [ Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

last ride of the year. Petersfield QE2 park. Saw vintage Raleigh ti
rear brake didn't want to work :x
roll on the spring time and get back on the Trimble.

Author:  johntheboy [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

JohnH went here the other day so thought I would too........

Mountain biking today sunny,nice dry trails, -1'C so a bit cold hence in 2 hrs did not see another soul. Great stuff

Attachments:
sm sixways.jpg
sm sixways.jpg [ 211.32 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]

Author:  Piperdave [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

johntheboy wrote:

Mountain biking today sunny,nice dry trails, -1'C so a bit cold hence in 2 hrs did not see another soul. Great stuff

Where IS that? :?

Dave

Author:  johntheboy [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Piperdave wrote:
johntheboy wrote:

Where IS that? :?

Dave

Middle of Eartham Woods near Slindon the place is called Sixways because 6 bridleways meet and cross there.

Author:  johntheboy [ Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mountain bike ride over the southdowns on Friday -5'C freezing fog lots of snow no people out only me and my mate.

Same ride today on my own, temp +3'C no fog still quite abit of snow in places. Still no other people about. Am I the only mad person :x mountain biking this time of year?
If I am the rest of you are missing out! :lol:

Attachments:
December2010 sm snow.jpg
December2010 sm snow.jpg [ 95.36 KiB | Viewed 1284 times ]

Author:  Scarfacexxx08 [ Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

I need to get up eartham again soon, i much prefer it to whiteways :)

To the 2 Johns PM me if you want a slow rider to tag along

Author:  kaiser [ Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

First ride of the year! 23odd miles on the CX bike but all on the road. Just nice to turn the pedals again. Going to use the thread as an unofficial year totaliser.

Today 23.25miles
Total 23.25miles

Author:  RobMac [ Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cool idea K 8)

Author:  mikee [ Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

did 6 miles this moning mostly carrying
but its getting clearer up there

ytd total 6 miles :roll:

Author:  RobMac [ Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

One little problem most of my rides dont have computers so I show miles OR hours :roll:

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Same ride as yesterday but 0.1 of a mile shorter :o

Today: 23.15miles
TotalYTD:46.4miles

Author:  RobMac [ Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

To Mikee's emporium and back :D

Today 21.23 miles
Total 21.23 miles (this year)

Author:  REKIBorter [ Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jan 2nd - 46.85 miles - cx bike

Total this year 46.85 miles

Author:  johntheboy [ Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

1st ride of the year quick 12 miles over the South Downs, bit muddy but could tell it was a Bank Holiday cause we saw a rare thing,a total of 7 other MTBers out !!

Author:  DA-EVO [ Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went to Bedgebury today, this was my second visit. Did most of it, so around 16km. Took me an hour and 20 - Got a bit more to grips with it as last time I was cap'n slow.

Very good... :)

I know its a bit pointless logging trail centres, however :D

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/153577

Author:  REKIBorter [ Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Had a thought about those of us that link data loggers and mapping route info. Don't start a route, or finish one from outside your house. All you are doing is advertising where some nice bikes may be. You never know who could be reading this stuff.

Author:  mikee [ Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

cycled to lbs yesterday ,they're shut till friday
4 miles

ytd 10 miles :roll:

Author:  mikee [ Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

had a wee ride down the coastal path today 10 ish miles
ytd 20 miles

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

REKIBorter wrote:
Had a thought about those of us that link data loggers and mapping route info. Don't start a route, or finish one from outside your house. All you are doing is advertising where some nice bikes may be. You never know who could be reading this stuff.

I bought a program called 3d route mapper for the reason that some of the rides I have done have gone down the wrong route or so on, so its a nice little editor.

Also handy for the above. And when you put the bike in the car and forget to stop logging!

The software was 12 quid or so.

Author:  REKIBorter [ Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

4th Jan 16.91 miles cx bike

YTD mileage 63.76 miles

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Day off work today and headed over top Arran on the CX bike. Turned out to be a lovely day if a little cold. Normally hoon round the island. but decided to stop more take some pics and worry less about the time. Thoroughly enjoyed :D

Today:59Miles
TotalYTD:115.4Miles

Author:  REKIBorter [ Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

6th Jan 16.94 miles cx bike http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/de ... ling/91534

YTD 80.70 miles

Author:  REKIBorter [ Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Walking a lonely path here:

Jan 9th 46.45 miles cx bike

YTD Total 127.15 miles

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike to work, I'll cheat and include my return journey just now.

Today:20.5Miles
TotalYTD:135.9Miles

Author:  xizang [ Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

When logging rides does it include commuting? Just curious as I'll need to put in 20.2 miles daily (only 4 days a week though, possibly).
Or is it just 'for enjoyment' rides?

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Its entirely up to yourself. I'm interested to see how many cycling miles I get in in a year so I'll be recording everything. You could post anything you like, you don't need to tally miles or record every ride, you could simply post if you enjoyed yourself or if it rained or what have you. Use it as a log or a motivator or just to tell someone about it. Ideally though its not too chatty.

Author:  RobMac [ Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

xizang wrote:
When logging rides does it include commuting? Just curious as I'll need to put in 20.2 miles daily (only 4 days a week though, possibly).
Or is it just 'for enjoyment' rides?

Every thing.

Author:  johntheboy [ Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

13 muddy miles across the South downs today. Very sticky but 100% rideable. Apologizes to the mountain biker who was climbing as I tore pass him on the Downhill to Sixways shouting to him "Coming pass you on your right!!!! Thanksssss!!!"

Attachments:
Jan2011 sm2.jpg
Jan2011 sm2.jpg [ 126.28 KiB | Viewed 1069 times ]
Jan2011 sm.jpg
Jan2011 sm.jpg [ 217.75 KiB | Viewed 1069 times ]

Author:  xizang [ Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Miles - Unknown (cycle computer packed up as I started off :evil: ). Approx 10 (ish)

Up and round Barry Sidings in Trehafod.

Hopefully I'll be taking my Scott Boulder (rigid) out in the morning as I've swapped the slicks to Panaracer Fire XC pros (cheers jamabikes :wink: ).

Author:  xizang [ Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Same place (Barry Sidings) but a different trail and not as far up :oops:
Went rigid as opposed to full boing yesterday. Faster on the ups, slower (and more painful) on the downs!!

About 5 miles today (15 this weekend). More tomorrow. Hopefully riding the Taff Trail to Castell Coch.

Author:  johntheboy [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Good news the Southdowns are drying out not so much mud today. 13 very happy miles today. Just me and the great outdoors, its what its all about!

Author:  Scarfacexxx08 [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

johntheboy wrote:
Good news the Southdowns are drying out not so much mud today. 13 very happy miles today. Just me and the great outdoors, its what its all about!

Very true, went up Whiteways yesterday on the Kilauea shook me to bits lol

Attachments:
kona Kilauea.JPG
kona Kilauea.JPG [ 193.23 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]

Author:  kaiser [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Popped down to Drumlanrig today, trails are fantastic. Drove through a rain storm and feared the worst but when I got there it was idyllic, sun dappled and mud free :D Took the new build for a shakedown and was pleasantly surprised. Just what the doctor ordered. Had meant to do a couple of loops but only had time to fit in the one 20K/12mile

Today:12Miles
TotalYTD:147.9Miles

Author:  The Ken [ Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sunday 23rd Jan - Offroad 8 miles - Dunkeld - Bike and Hike, not all riding due to ice.

I saw 2 Fallow and 1 Red Deer...... and 2 Peacocks???

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike2work again. Lovely day :D

Today:20.5 miles
YTD: 168.4 Miles

Author:  tintin40 [ Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

rode to Waitrose locked the bike up out side bought a few bits then rode back home. Wished i'd pump the tyres up before i went as 15 psi is far to soft :oops:

Author:  REKIBorter [ Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

After a brief hiatus back on the game ...

23rd Jan 2011 - 24 miles - SS parts bin special - RB Thetford meet

27th Jan 2011 - 17.07 miles - CX bike

Total this year: 168.22 miles

Author:  kaiser [ Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike2work

Today:20.5miles
YTD:188.9

Author:  johntheboy [ Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

12.5 miles of single track in the cold sunshine today. Slogged up a long grassy climb today thought it was hard work, at the top find me got a rear soft/flat tyre, still beat my mate by over 2 minutes much to his disgust!!

Author:  AdamAsh [ Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:15 am ]
Post subject: 

Bike to work.

only 3.4 miles, COLD

using Runkeeper on my iphone

http://runkeeper.com/user/Adamashy/activity/24515619

Author:  REKIBorter [ Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

30th Jan 31.1 miles CX bike.

Total this year 199.32 miles.

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dunkers at Pitlochory with the rest of MacRetro. Top company and a top day out.

Today 13.1miles
YTD: 202miles

Author:  sinnerman [ Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  rain wind and sun

a quiet yet fun 8 mile bimble, around the coast today, had a great time, teaching my 11year old girl, how to ride a little better.
It started out .... cold wet and windy, and then the sun came out, a quick pub lunch and a sneeky pint just finished the day off lovely...!!!!! 8)

Attachments:
how fars the pub.....lol.JPG
how fars the pub.....lol.JPG [ 122.87 KiB | Viewed 1271 times ]
at last the pint.JPG
at last the pint.JPG [ 149.21 KiB | Viewed 1271 times ]

Author:  ajantom [ Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

9th ride of the new year so far - would like to be getting out more, but weather and life keep getting in the way.

Did 17 miles up on Haldon Hill, and finished off with the always lovely St Andrews Lane descent to Kenn :D

146.40 miles YTD
16.27 miles average per ride (I've done an Excel spreadsheet!)

Upside-down bike pic from today.......

Author:  sinnerman [ Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: rain wind and sun

...just heavy rain this morning.. :cry:

Author:  Ernie [ Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 am ]
Post subject: 

For me its a 15 mile round trip to work 4 times a week, twice last week on rest days did starting at B+Q car park Plymtrail..Goodameavy hill :cry: {pain that hurts :lol: }..Meavy village..around Burrator resevoir..a nice cup off coffee at the Burrator Inn.Then go through Dousland into Yelverton..back partly the same way as started.

25 miles round trip :wink: ..love it :D

Ernie :wink:

Author:  sinnerman [ Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

ernie wrote:
For me its a 15 mile round trip to work 4 times a week, twice last week on rest days did starting at B+Q car park Plymtrail..Goodameavy hill :cry: {pain that hurts :lol: }..Meavy village..around Burrator resevoir..a nice cup off coffee at the Burrator Inn.Then go through Dousland into Yelverton..back partly the same way as started.

25 miles round trip :wink: ..love it :D

Mate thats a great ride. 8) 8) 8)

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 am ]
Post subject: 

Bike2 work, pished doon. thinking it wasn't too bad being wet till I had to pass through a 2ft deep puddle(?) :lol: one thing about it raining is its nice and quiet.

Today:20.3miles
YTD :222.3miles

Author:  kaiser [ Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike 2 work. so so.

Today 19.7miles
YTD: 242miles

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:54 am ]
Post subject: 

Early morning bimble up to a local windfarm. Half road half landrover track. Pissed doon , still enjoyable :)

Today: 14.46miles
YTD: 256.46 miles

Author:  REKIBorter [ Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

12th Feb 12.94 miles RB meet Cannock.

Total this year 212.26 miles.

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hilly training route, nice Sunday ride :D

Today:24.21 miles
YTD:280.67 miles

Author:  sinnerman [ Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:02 am ]
Post subject:  COAST RIDE

up at six, (bloody mental on my day off), across on the ferry then a coastal ride from beach to beach, then out to rame head....got to the top of the point, (rame head), bannana and a sandwich, then ride back, about 23 miles total, on the dave lloyd, great quiet solo ride, time to think, clear the weeks stress, and home in the warm before the rain chucked down for sunday roast....!!!! 8)

Author:  kaiser [ Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:06 am ]
Post subject: 

Bike 2 work. Wet but nice :D

Today:20.24 miles
YTD:300.91miles

Author:  BobCatMax [ Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:19 am ]
Post subject: 

Morning ride to my lift to work, stretched it from the 2 miles it normally is to 6.6 as it was such a beautiful quiet morning and i was up early.

6.6 this morning (more later)

total this month - 141
total for year - 257

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nearly a week off the bike, decided to drag myself out. Glad I did glorious night and even the Sunday evening traffic didn't bother me :D

Today: 22.92miles
YTD:323.83miles

Author:  kaiser [ Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am ]
Post subject: 

B2W nice day for a blast :D

Today:20.68miles
YRD:360.68miles

Author:  kaiser [ Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:21 am ]
Post subject: 

B2W. meh!

Today:20.52
YTD:381.2

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Headed out for a regular road scoot. Took a right turn up a rough road and found a load of new trails :D nothing special but should make a nice basis for a bigger mild offroad loop. The CX bike is coming into its own :)

Today: 26.17Miles
YTD:407.37Miles

ps is anyone else riding?

Author:  The Ken [ Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

yes but it is only a 3 mile round commute for me so not worth posting, does add up though.

Author:  BobCatMax [ Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

what Ken said kaiser, mine's about 4 mile round trip but on nice mornings i'll stretch it out, and occasionally go out with the missus on a ride in the evening.

this morning in the god-awful head-on wind - 7.75
month so far - 30.8
year so far - 314.8

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

The log thing can be anything you want. a few issues ago in Singletrack a guy kept a diary of all his rides fir a year, just a few lines. Made interesting(ish) reading. So even if you want to post 'rode to work and it pissed down/saw a cat/hated it/loved it' whatever you like. It means you can look back at the end of the year and reminisce, since we are a nostalgic lot.

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

New forks fitted to the Salsa so a wee shakedown ride was in order.

Today:17.27miles
YTD:424.64miles

Author:  MAXTHEROTTI [ Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Kaiser recheck your numbers you appear to have lost 100 miles chap

Rob

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

:oops: :lol: :D Cheers rob.

Author:  kaiser [ Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

B2W.Coldish headwind on the way in. Had a wee adventure on the way home looking for alternate routes, found a semi off road bit. Bumped into Graham Obree. Cycled along the front and the waves weren't far off this :o

Today:21.79miles
YTD:446.43miles

Author:  velomaniac [ Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I going to get involved in this mileage logging stuff but only for my tarmac adventures as opposed to my daily commute. Thus this year and its now March my only dedicated tarmac adventure that I've noted the distance to the nearest mile is:-

YTD: 53 miles

Hopefully going to add a few more by wee trips around bits of Scotland I've little explored. Think a wee trip to Cowal Peninsula is my next goal :wink:

Author:  kaiser [ Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

B2W. Cold and damp.

Today:21.49
YTD:467.92

Author:  kaiser [ Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Got up after a nightshift to find a glorious day :D blitzed the housework and got out for a quick spin. Felt great! Ran top gear all the way home.

Today: 22.91 miles
YTD:490.83miles

Author:  kaiser [ Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Had a meeting at work even though its my day off, went on the bike and took some lesser trod paths :D

Today:21.14(though I forgot to start the timer for a mile or so)
YTD:511.97miles

Author:  spike3 [ Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went for a quick 5 mile blast today to check the gears were working that I had set up logging millage seems a good idea but I haven't written the last 3 months down so

YTD 5miles

Author:  kaiser [ Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike to work this morning and finally managing to see a glimpse of sunrise :) lovely ride home too.

Today: 20.29miles
YTD: 532.26miles

Author:  Pogo [ Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thought I'd log back in with my update,
so far I've got 130 off-road miles done this year.

Did 10 of them today over the Carneddau around Tal y Fan,
and finally got to feel a change in the air-
Summer is on the way folks. 8)

Author:  spike3 [ Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Commuted on a bicycle for the first time ever today, it felt very odd but as 60% was offroad I'm going to log the 12mile round trip, so:

YTD 17miles

Author:  kaiser [ Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

B2W crazy full moon out this morning :o something to do with the moon being very close to the earth

Today 20.33miles
YTD 552.59miles

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

B2W, wet and dreich!

Today 20.31
YTD 570.90

Author:  BobCatMax [ Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Did some fantastic riding this weekend in the sunshine..

Pogo wrote:
finally got to feel a change in the air-
Summer is on the way folks. 8)

*nods*

totals as of this morning..

Month: 154
Year: 437

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wee jaunt to shake off the nightshift head.

Today 20.93miles
YTD: 591.83miles

Author:  spike3 [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cannock came in at 12 miles the other day + a 4mile spin today so

YTD 33miles

Author:  Ernie [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

plymtrail..goodameavy hill :cry: ..meavy hill :cry: ..around burrator resevouir :) a pint of :D "Doombar" ale :lol: ..basket of chips sat in the sun :D ..back home 25 miles :wink: {heaven}

Author:  Woody [ Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rode round my local loop in Macc forest early this morning. A friend joined me to give his new Felt a little workout. About 12 miles of good fun.

2011 Felt & 1991 Rocky mountain hit the hills
The delights of Charity lane begin
Andy makes it to the end of Charity lane unscathed
The final descent off the day
Stopped off at the local sunday market for a tasty hotdog and where the Blizzard got lots of attention 8)

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

:D

Month: 204
Year : 487

Author:  Ernie [ Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Ride out today 28/03/2011

This one is my usual "loop" about 25 miles .. took the "new girl" for a spin..plymtrail..goodameavy hill :cry: , meavy village..hill going out :cry: its the pain that hurts :lol: :lol: ..loop of Burrator resevoir..and a mug of "proper" :wink: coffee at the Burrator Inn and museli bar..took some photos...Superb ride out :D

Attachments:
dartmoor 004.jpg
dartmoor 004.jpg [ 79.88 KiB | Viewed 1566 times ]
dartmoor 003.jpg
dartmoor 003.jpg [ 131.12 KiB | Viewed 1566 times ]
dartmoor 001.jpg
dartmoor 001.jpg [ 178.53 KiB | Viewed 1566 times ]

Author:  kaiser [ Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike 2 Work, nice day :)

Today 20.3
YTD:612.13

Author:  kaiser [ Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

B2W again, another nice day :)

Today: 20.27miles
YTD: 632.40miles

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 am ]
Post subject: 

B2W last night, not too bad bit wet going in.

Today20.71
YTD653.11

Author:  Nick C [ Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ride around the block to see how new tyres and rotors feel. Tyres flick stones at frame, rotors feel as though they have a layer of sand on them. Sure all will be well when out on lumpy stuff.

Nothing retro to report!

Author:  kaiser [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 am ]
Post subject: 

B2W managed to pick out two dry spells, had a nice quick tailwind going in too :D

Yesterday 20.82 Miles
YTD 673.93miles

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dusted off the road bike and headed out, change of position gave me a few niggles and I cut the ride short :( When I held it against the CX bike the bars were about an inch further forward and an inch lower.Need to limber up a bit more methinks.

Today 23.21
YTD 697.14

Author:  tintin40 [ Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

slippery out there

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

wow, well done tintin.

fortunately the little bits of the downs I was on weren't too bad

14.5 this afternoon, 518 for the year

Author:  tintin40 [ Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

BobCatMax wrote:
wow, well done tintin.

fortunately the little bits of the downs I was on weren't too bad

14.5 this afternoon, 518 for the year

Wow thats a lot of miles.

Thanks. The Rocket Ron on front is now changed for a mud tyre :oops: Had a better 'near' miss earlier in the day. Lucky no cars coming. Gave a pedestrian a shock too. So i was told. Was going to fast to see. Down hill is not my strong point even on the road

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

:lol:

even more well done for scaring the willies out of a pedestrian, nothing like keeping them on their toes*

it's amazing the difference out there from last weekends ride about Arundel, shame you couldn't make that, but glad your neck/shoulder is better

*all completely road legally, of course

Author:  tintin40 [ Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

BobCatMax wrote:
:lol:

even more well done for scaring the willies out of a pedestrian, nothing like keeping them on their toes*

it's amazing the difference out there from last weekends ride about Arundel, shame you couldn't make that, but glad your neck/shoulder is better

*all completely road legally, of course

Thanks. Due to the near 'miss' my neck is painful again :lol: :roll:

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:49 am ]
Post subject: 

:roll:

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Back on the bike to work, had some new shoes on which were a bit funny, now have a minor sore back. Anyhoo

Today20.31miles
YTD 717.45miles

Author:  BobCatMax [ Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

managed 19 this morning..

did the two rings..Cissbury and Chanctonbury

such a wonderful ride today, the weather was more than glorious, tough old week, looking after a very poorly other half, so 2 hours respite this morning couldn't have been spent any better way.

have some pics :P

(click the pic if you want a bigger one)

Author:  trip [ Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Some pics from last rides...

Attachments:
R02.jpg
R02.jpg [ 187.33 KiB | Viewed 1149 times ]
RDSC07831.jpg
RDSC07831.jpg [ 219.79 KiB | Viewed 1149 times ]
RDSC07827.jpg
RDSC07827.jpg [ 203.45 KiB | Viewed 1149 times ]

Author:  kaiser [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike 2 work yesterday.

Yesterday 20.28
YTD 737.73

Author:  tintin40 [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

saw these two lovelies while out on a ride in the Hants area today 8)

Author:  orange71 [ Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:02 am ]
Post subject: 

I've started an East Midlands ride route resource (the three 'R's :D ) for anybody who would like some good routes in the East Mids and beyond. I just record them on any ride I go on and post them up. A GPX file is always available if anybody wants one - please PM me. It's all here.

Author:  REKIBorter [ Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

25 miles with Cannondale King and Lewisthewhippett at Thetford today.

Sausage Roll
Ham & Chutney sandwich
Slice of carrott cake

Perfick

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

^ nice.

Cakeless ride for me today, tho there was a lovely homemade chilli when i got back. Got the LTS in a rideable state, so was out on that. I'd forgotten how forgiving it can be, had a lot of fun this morning

Slow month this one, due to other half still being quite ill.

Month - 47.9
Year - 551.5

spring has done sprung

Author:  kaiser [ Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

With one thing or another I've not been able to get out on the bike but remedied that today :D albeit only going to work. And a lovely ride it was too, bumped into a guy training to do LeJog, targeting 200miles a day :o

Today:20.3miles
YTD:758.03miles

Author:  REKIBorter [ Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Last Sunday

25 miles with CK et al round Fritton Woods

Pint of Aspell Suffolk Cyder
Packet of salted peanuts
Numerous cakes
Sausage Rolls
Sunburn

Author:  orange71 [ Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Have set this up for the East Midlands area (or any interested parties). The later routes have more details/commentary.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144882

Author:  Bikebandit [ Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mate got in touch(another Brit in Sweden),came up for a day or two at my place for a little training as he lives in town and I don't :lol: ..Good to have the great outdoors on your doorsetep.. Route was about 26km woodland trails,single track and a few gravel tracks thrown in..
Pics are from my mobile..had the damn thing set wrong lol..but here goes.

Plenty of small lakes..noticed the mozzies have hatched :?
Fag break at a church :roll:
Passed through a 2000 year old viking burial grounds,still about 300 graves surviving just north of where I live..
...And to end the ride..something tasty to put back on what you just lost lol....stop off at greasy joe's caff..love it
8) Image

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went out a spin with my daughter in the child seat :D weather could have been nicer but we had a laugh :)

Today 6.53miles
YTD 764.56miles

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

little spin with the missus, Piperdave et al. on Friday afternoon

caught a snap of a marauding retrobiker in the wild..

back to work last week so managed to put a few more miles in :)

Month: 110
Year : 614

Author:  Bikebandit [ Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Great pic :D ..just shame I have'nt got widescreen lol... :oops:

Author:  kaiser [ Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Another ride with the bairn :D collecting shells this time. Cycled up past the golf course just in time to see an old mate rattle a ball into a fence post.

Today 13.43miles
YTD 777.99miles

Author:  Pogo [ Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

I feel ill and beat up :cry:

Broke my rear mech a couple of weeks ago and it took a while to source a
replacement. In the meantime I bought a cheap road bike to take my
daughter out and about- had a lovely couple of weeks bimbling around on
the cycle routes round here.

Anyway today was the day to get the Dekerf back into action and so
decided to go for my hard mountain route over the Carneddau. Must be
over ten years since I last rode it.

Now sitting here poleaxed and drinking a Lemsip cos I think I've done
meself a mischief. I realised half way round that the ride was doing me in
and I had a number of opportunities to head home via shortcuts but
thought it time to get serious with my biking.

Must be a year now since I got back in the saddle so I thought I was more
than capable- urggh, got that a bit wrong! I just hope that it doesn't deter
me from getting round that particular loop again soon. :?

Today- 19 miles
YTD- 193 (off road)

Author:  REKIBorter [ Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bimble round Chicksands with Jango and Slug.

Asda Veg feast pizza

Author:  BobCatMax [ Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

minor odyssey with bat and Konaman1 yesterday - 35 miles to arundel and back. still aching now.

Month: 145
Year : 649

Author:  kaiser [ Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Got a wee bit of spare time and it was too nice not to have a bimble. Had this bike a while now and still not hit a trail to speak of :(

Today 9.8miles
YTD 787.79

Author:  Ernie [ Wed May 04, 2011 7:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

usual loop..plmtrail..goodameavy..neavy..round burrator resevuoir..burrator pub for a posh coffee..dousland..yelverton..back to plymouth...25 miles :D

Took a couple of phots :wink:

Attachments:
11 006.jpg
11 006.jpg [ 148.27 KiB | Viewed 1302 times ]
11 002.jpg
11 002.jpg [ 205.68 KiB | Viewed 1302 times ]

Author:  The Ken [ Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Suppose I should add in my weekend...

32miles saturday...

and 10miles sunday....

Author:  BobCatMax [ Thu May 05, 2011 6:45 am ]
Post subject: 

the top pic in the ten mile ride collage is fan-tastic

great pics

Author:  Bikebandit [ Sat May 14, 2011 10:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Me and a mate had fantastic day out round Finjasjön(Finja Lake) near Hässleholm in Sweden,27 km of it.. The terrain on this route was really diverse; tricky technical woodland sections, tight downhill singletrack through some beautiful Silver Birch woodland, gravel, grass and sandy trails round the lake edge and some wooden gangplank sections through what can only be described as Everglades like swamplands! After a superb buffet lunch at base-camp we topped the afternoon off with a short but extremely technical 3k woodland section round one of the nearby smaller lakes. This is totally what xc mountainbiking is all about !!

Author:  kaiser [ Sun May 22, 2011 7:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Got out today for first time in nearly a month! The imminent birth of daughter number 2 curtailed all cycling. Anyway only had time for a paltry 15.75miles. But great to be turning some cranks again :)

Today 15.75miles
YTD 803.54miles

Author:  Bikebandit [ Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 am ]
Post subject: 

congrats are in order to you both :wink: Whats that I heard years ago..mountain bike seats impair fertility ??? Haha! Puts paid to that rumour lmao

Author:  kaiser [ Tue May 24, 2011 11:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cheers BB :D

Short ride again today, headwind and rain, still nice to be out though!

Today 22.93miles
YTD 826.47miles

Author:  Bikebandit [ Sat May 28, 2011 8:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Been a bit overcast soggy and damp the last week here but brightened up today..buddy and me racked up the bikes,drove about half hour,parked up and got ready for another fun day.Took the Giant ATX 900 this time,owned it over a decade,built up with Thompson/xtr/sids/crossmax/raceface mix.
Covered just over 30km in different woodland terrain..rocks and wet roots..planted my face good'n'proper today :oops: ..was in a tricky downhill rock section :roll: but no harm done.

Some places you just need extreme machines... or a Giant ATX :lol:

The Rock ShoX SIDS Hydra air still performing their duties well.. :wink:

...and so is the Fox Vanilla Float... 8)

Author:  kaiser [ Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Two entries!

Riding yesterday with MacRetro at GT. Only 2nd time on a mtb this year :o need to try harder.

15.45miles

Out for a shakedown spin on my new road bike. Very promising :o

22.9miles

Weekend 38.35miles
YTD 864.82miles

Author:  kaiser [ Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike 2 work. Lovely morning :)

Today 20.36miles
YTD 885.18

Author:  BobCatMax [ Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 am ]
Post subject: 

a couple of quite heavy milage weeks at the end of last month followed by a couple of weeks of me driving to work meant I've been taking it easy (read lazy)

got back on the bike in earnest a couple of weeks back, feels good :) so without further ado..

month so far - 62
year so far - 802

PS - Congrats kaiser :D has daughter number 2 appeared yet??

Author:  kaiser [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cheers BCM! She has indeed :D

Couple more days cycling to work

YTD: 926.6

Author:  GMC [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  last sun

last Sun we did the Glenfinglas loop. Great day out, good banter, some superb climbing and some excellent descents as well. :D

Sorry quality of pics is not superb as they were taken with my Blackberry, but they turned out not too bad.:mrgreen:

Author:  GMC [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  The CV

and a few weeks back we were at our usual haunt of the Carron Valley, but i took the SLR with me this time and got some good pics. :D

Author:  Bikebandit [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Last weekend decided just to head out into the woods,follow any track and get lost..well sort of,mate had his ipod/iphone thing with gps..into the woods at 11am... back out at 7pm..only crossed one forest road ..

Author:  kaiser [ Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Missed a few, probably won't update every day I cycle to work :oops: Anyhoo first midweek ride with chaps and a run round Arran the other day.

Various 138.15
YTD: 1064.75

Nearly half way through the year and I was hoping to be up around 1500 miles. Must try harder :)

Author:  BobCatMax [ Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

poked my way through the 900 miles barrier for the year on the ride home last night..will be about 160 for the month by the end of it tomorrow. quite pleased with that, will try for 2000 by the end of the year Image

Author:  Ernie [ Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Usual loop..plymtrail..goodameavy..meavy..burrator resevoir..then back home..a few pics..25 miles

pic 2 have bickleigh church..me and Mrs Ernie got married there 21 years ago..also you see bickleigh royal marine camp 42 Cdo ..quite sad :cry: riding past the camp will all the floral tributes..

Attachments:
bike ride 23.06 005.jpg
bike ride 23.06 005.jpg [ 201.94 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]
bike ride 23.06 002.jpg
bike ride 23.06 002.jpg [ 103.9 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]
bike ride 23.06 007.jpg
bike ride 23.06 007.jpg [ 211.31 KiB | Viewed 1141 times ]

Author:  Ernie [ Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

This again the same loop,but went into sheepstor village..lovely views..slightly more miles 27 ish

pic 2 you over look the village and see burrator resevoir

Ernie :wink: { no its not me in the photo..i am slimmer :lol: }

Attachments:
STUMPY BIKE 004.jpg
STUMPY BIKE 004.jpg [ 119.16 KiB | Viewed 1139 times ]
STUMPY BIKE 001.jpg
STUMPY BIKE 001.jpg [ 125.6 KiB | Viewed 1139 times ]

Author:  Ernie [ Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

today went from home to jennycliff, about 12 miles return, nice bacon roll and a cup of coffee, then back home, again cracking views :D

Pic 4.. you see the Hoe and Smeatons light house..and the Plymouth Eye..locals call it the "janner squint" :lol:

Attachments:
HOE 003.jpg
HOE 003.jpg [ 111.69 KiB | Viewed 1133 times ]
HOE 005.jpg
HOE 005.jpg [ 112.91 KiB | Viewed 1135 times ]
HOE 008.jpg
HOE 008.jpg [ 138.05 KiB | Viewed 1135 times ]
HOE 009.jpg
HOE 009.jpg [ 119.63 KiB | Viewed 1137 times ]

Author:  kaiser [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rode a recce for the Drumlanrig meet(see sig :D ) as well as a handfull of bike 2 works I was out today for a hilly road ride.

since last time: 166.06
YTD:1230.81

Author:  perry [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hmm . didn't want to note down my mileage , seems far too much of a hassle . But I want to keep a rough idea because it winds me up when someone will buy a £4000 bike and use it only 2 or 3 times a year . Kinda into a cost per ride ratio . It helps in my line of work knowing how long stuff lasts ; especially when you get people who moan about the cost of their bike and maintenance costs . Work out how much it is per mile and it often isn't much .

My smoke has done roughly , based on a 10 mile ride ( 20 because I need to come home :lol: ) often 6 , sometimes 7 ! but always at least 5 days a week since I bought it at the start of march ( oh shit I just remembered I used the fire mountain for a month before I got it :lol: )

Easily 2500 miles commuted so far this year :shock:

The smoke owes me something like £2 a day , ridden . Something like 10p a mile . It's the chains each 500 or so miles that are keeping it high .

Managed to break a spoke at some point . need to remember to change that tomorrow .

Author:  Ernie [ Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

usual destination..Burrator on Dartmoor ..my self and "space monkey"..a bit more off road stuff..i would say 25 mile round trip :wink:

Author:  Bikebandit [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think the pics of the rides are great..like'em.. :D

Was out saturday following an old xc race route .. my mate thought it meant we had to race it.. F that lmao, 35km cross country flat out ?? not a chance ! steady there boy..we got all day... and I'm into the fun factor of it ,not being completely wiped out :roll: ..had a good five hours out with breaks .

Author:  Ernie [ Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  little ride out

little ride out from my house to a mate who lives in :lol: Crapstone :lol: ..yes thats right..any one here on from the South Devon Contingent would/might of heard of it..about a 18 mile round trip. Odd light rain here and there :wink:

Attachments:
crapstone 003.jpg
crapstone 003.jpg [ 165.11 KiB | Viewed 1133 times ]
crapstone 002.jpg
crapstone 002.jpg [ 186.52 KiB | Viewed 1133 times ]

Author:  Ernie [ Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

about 27 miles today.. 8) weather superb 8) ..usual loop with an extra bit..me and 2 buddies..

Attachments:
taffy platty 009.jpg
taffy platty 009.jpg [ 124.35 KiB | Viewed 1109 times ]
taffy platty 008.jpg
taffy platty 008.jpg [ 218.63 KiB | Viewed 1109 times ]
taffy platty 001.jpg
taffy platty 001.jpg [ 163.91 KiB | Viewed 1109 times ]

Author:  Ernie [ Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

another ride out today..22 miles ..from plympton to noss mayo..a cheeky pint of tribute ..then back the way we came :cry: ..thought we would be able to avoid the hills and go back the coastal path :cry:..my buddy got his directions wrong ..he is now nicknamed "the pathfinder" :roll:

Attachments:
pub platty 003.jpg
pub platty 003.jpg [ 224.53 KiB | Viewed 1084 times ]
pub platty 001.jpg
pub platty 001.jpg [ 204.13 KiB | Viewed 1084 times ]

Author:  Ernie [ Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Out for the usual 25 miles..with a few mates..we had coffee..platty had to have a pint :roll:

Attachments:
lads 007.jpg
lads 007.jpg [ 174.88 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]
lads 005.jpg
lads 005.jpg [ 130.29 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]
lads 004.jpg
lads 004.jpg [ 215.62 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]
lads 001.jpg
lads 001.jpg [ 161.87 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

great training ride with Danno and TheGreenRabbit this afternoon, up round the top of Worthing

Bring on Big Dog!

totals-
today: 19.6
week: 50
month: 85
year: 1181

Author:  pipmeister [ Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Malvern Hills

Since finding my 1998 Kona Hei Hei I have only really had the chance to take it on a few local trips. This week however, I took it on my latest cycling holiday to the Malvern Hills. I stay with family there, and just cycle the Hills for the week. I have ridden the Hills on quite a few of my bikes, but I was particularly interested to see what the Hei Hei could do.

Arriving Monday early afternoon, I was straight off the train to dump my stuff off at my sister’s place, and quickly cycled to the North end of the Hills. Passed the Back On Track bike shop, and into the Clocktower / North Quarry Car Park. I prefer this route to most others, as I get the maximum amount of hard-pack riding.

It’s tricky to say what form or ability I may have on any particular day (at 53 years old now!), but I felt pretty good and got my wind on that first climb out of the car park. I’m running Michelin XC Dry II on that bike, which I like a lot. They suit my light weight, and roll very well. Once I got onto the initial levelled out section, I was flying around that track heading towards the grassy knoll above St Ann’s Well. A quick stop and a chat to a couple of locals, and then decided to take the quickest (and steepest) route to the top of the Worcestershire Beacon.

I was so pleased with the Hei Hei’s climbing ability, and was trying to compare it to my 2003 Kona Kula Primo, which I have ridden a lot there. I don’t know if I was caught up in the moment, or whether the Hei Hei is better – it just seemed better on the day. The Kula Primo is lighter, stiffer and is fitted with an identical pair of 2007 World Cup SIDs - I guess I would need to have the same ride on the same day to give a true appraisal.

Anyway, the Hei Hei flew up that North East face and I surprised myself how quickly I got to the top. … See pictures looking North from the Worcestershire Beacon.

On the way down, the bike was as I expected – well balanced and manoeuvrable. To be honest, my up-hill skills are considerably better than my down hill riding ability, but I felt really confident on the Hei Hei.

Not sure why I'm looking into the middle distance!
My sister's place just out of shot behind North Hill

Tuesday, (and slightly better dressed for the occasion) I started on the very extreme North end of the Hills, just as the road curves round into West Malvern. It is a real roller coaster ride with a lot of cropped grass, where the sheep graze.

I didn’t do too many miles today, as tomorrow I will be doing the entire length of the Hills down into Herefordshire. The Herefordshire Beacon is spectacular – an Iron Age fort, and a lot more open.

Pip

Author:  BobCatMax [ Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 am ]
Post subject: 

great shots!

Author:  pipmeister [ Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  More on the Malverns

Day 3 – Wednesday, and off for a longer haul. I covered about 32 miles today.

I love this ride, as it can be so varied within a single trip.

Starting at the North end again, but this time cycling along the East face. Keeping a steady line traversing through of the lower third of the slopes takes me through the wooded sections along some good single track. As I get level with the Three Counties Show Ground, it really opens out into the sunshine along some wider sections.

Round a right hand bend, and there is the curious shape of the Herefordshire Beacon – an Iron Age Hill Fort. I believe it’s the second highest of the Hills.

If you like teetering along a raised section, with a bit of drop-off on one side, then you can have a blast along here. British Camp Reservoir on the right of the picture, with the Worcestershire Beacon in the middle distance. The highest point of the Hills.

All the pictures in this post and the previous entry were taken with my point-and-go camera. The ones that include me were using the timer with me running round to get in the shot. I couldn’t be arsed with this last one, and is looking from the Southside of the Herefordshire Beacon looking North West. A beautiful day indeed for late September.

Pip

Author:  Ernie [ Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

bud..got your pm..you are looking a little chunky :roll: :roll: ..you must try and do some more miles :lol: :lol: ..get some more "hills in"..all joking apart bud..looks lovely countryside..did you "order" the weather..perfect..you enjoy your break.. speak soon

Author:  Ernie [ Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

first long ride of 2012..coypool..plym trail..goodameavy..sheeps tor..burrator...yelverton rock ..crapstone..plymtrail..coypool

Calucated on iphone app "cyclemeter" ..2hr 20 min 47.1.km/29.2 miles

Weather superb..nice cold snap..perfect..try and so the same tomorrow :D

Attachments:
RIDE 1 2012 007.jpg
RIDE 1 2012 007.jpg [ 294.97 KiB | Viewed 643 times ]
RIDE 1 2012 004.jpg
RIDE 1 2012 004.jpg [ 339.77 KiB | Viewed 643 times ]
RIDE 1 2012 001.jpg
RIDE 1 2012 001.jpg [ 346.55 KiB | Viewed 643 times ]

Author:  J i m s t e r [ Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

As it wasn't raining, had a lunchtime blat out to Newstead Abbey on the new Rockrider. Blimey, first 10 mins or so were cold. Probably around zero degrees with the sun out...

All I've done since I picked the bike up is swap the flats for risers (a flukey perfect match anno-wise from the LBS) and get it mucky...

Obligatory "Graffiti" backdrop shot somewhere near Linby:

Climb up the hills at the back of Newstead Village (home of the Headstock Festival that Sarah Beeny was documenting. Alas no sign of her or her jubblies...)

Past the waterfall into Newstead Abbey where the mocha is £2.25. Mug is the right word. Examine the muck on the bike, yep, well and truly cacked up now :)

The sun came out and I saw, for the first time, the strange weave of this carbon. It's like someone has smeared butter over the frame and then managed to lacquer it:
ImageImage

Bike handles great with the risers. Nice bits of green ano where they could have gone cheaper. Not very generous with the lockout cable length, just about reaches where I want the switch on the risers, but no complaints with it at all.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Blatted back up to Annesley (highest point in Notts) and back to work before my toes turned black and fell off in the bath (a la Rannulph Fiennes).

BRRRRRR.... Snow due Thu so they say.

About 11 miles in an hour, including a cuppa. Mud not conducive to vmax efforts :)

Author:  Ernie [ Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Did similar miles to last entry.. "cyclemeter" says 2hours 7 mins 26 miles or 42.24 km..weather a bit warmer..no sun :roll:

Try again next week :D

Attachments:
RIDE 2 2012.jpg
RIDE 2 2012.jpg [ 321.4 KiB | Viewed 623 times ]

Author:  saltyman [ Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have only missed 2 days this month where I ain't rode a bike.

Using my cyclemeter app on iPhone to see how many days per month I ride, and also to log every mile I ride this year.

Posting and updating in my signature below as I don't think I have ever logged total miles in a year before, so its a good goal to aim for as many as possible.

Also logging total miles on each new bike I get, fatbike and hybrid totals below too since new :)

Author:  Ernie [ Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

saltyman wrote:
I have only missed 2 days this month where I ain't rode a bike.

Using my cyclemeter app on iPhone to see how many days per month I ride, and also to log every mile I ride this year.

Posting and updating in my signature below as I don't think I have ever logged total miles in a year before, so its a good goal to aim for as many as possible.

Also logging total miles on each new bike I get, fatbike and hybrid totals below too since new :)

Good idea that bud.. 8) 8)