Log your rides

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Been out for a nice spin? Post a pic or a sentence or two describing it. Post how far you went or if your cycling towards a target tell us your progress. Keep it short and simple though :D Feel free to include the mundane too!

Last tuesday, night ride around Virginia Water & Windsor Great Park, including venturing off-road on some tracks id never found before.

20 miles in total including the last 5 miles on my own, which is an interesting experience when its pitch black!
I did come across numerous deer, hedgehogs, and the highlight, an owl sitting on a rock staring at me about 20 feet away before casually swooping away

Got the train to Kew Gardens then cycled along the Thames footpath to Richmond Park cycled round it 3 times. Lost my mobile during it and got hit by a concerned parent who thought i was going to fast past his family even though i had stopped pedaling and had the front brake on. SO told him to F**K off. Saw two mtbers who tried to cycle faster than me. They don't.

5087173300_6d051251fe_z.jpg

Wee shakedown ride for the new bike. 13.5 miles up the coast :D

Entered my first cyclocross race today :shock: god am I unfit! Bit of a wake up call. Just under ten miles in just over an hour!

took the proflex out on sunday with mikef350. fist time out on the proflex and mike has bought my old khs. every time we stopped i picked up the wrong bike.

set off at 7.30 in the first frost i have seen this season. did about 10 miles and collected my car from the pub on the way back.

love the proflex.

took velo and zigzag out in the lomonds (my hill) yesterday
they seemed a bit put out by the 4.5 mile climb to start with
but once up the bishop hill they cheered up a bit ,well ZZ did anyway
he was girly giggling at the gliders straffing us
took off the edge of the world a nice near vertical in places mile long
descent ,zz all giggly again ,velo cautiously walking it
trekked acress the diel's burdens (i hate that bit) and on to the radio mast and singletrack heaven and a 4 mile down hill back to my house
for tea coffee etc

top day as any up there are ,tho i think velo was a bit nacked
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... start=3750
for some pics(bottom of the page )

Commute this morning, first proper time on the bike after a weeks hols, only a couple of miles, crisp and dry, felt fantastic despite riding my bike with the seatpost set low for the bmx park at the weekend.

School run first on the pavements :oops: dropped off the kids then 25 mph on the flat away from the lights, on to the downhill - 32mph freewheeling and then more flat for the last mile at about 20mph.

Exhilarating and Refreshing.

Why can I manage an extra 5mph after a week off the bike?

Rode up to the Southdowns way via Rewell woods/Whiteways then dropped down into Houghton and picked up the bridleway along the banks of the river Arun. Nipped through Arundel then picked up the bridleway behind the Cottage Hosp which takes you back into Rewell woods again.14.5 mls in total. Did not see a soul out on the trails :D , bet everyone else was at work.

Back