Why is my modern bike so much faster than my Peugeot?

The History Man":1j0kbm9d said:
This is silly.

I make my own sandwiches.

Initially Hailing from Festive road - I’m guessing they are of the Banana variety

Topic now 100% de-railed :facepalm:

Re:

Wait, let me get this straight, I ask a genuine question that has been troubling me for months and depriving me of my sleep, and you start talking about sandwiches?!?!?!

Well...I guess that's my answer: whenever a troubling question comes to mind, I should start thinking about sandwiches instead :LOL:

Re: Re:

Ugo51":8g407nmp said:
Wait, let me get this straight, I ask a genuine question that has been troubling me for months and depriving me of my sleep, and you start talking about sandwiches?!?!?!

Well...I guess that's my answer: whenever a troubling question comes to mind, I should start thinking about sandwiches instead :LOL:

Sounds like a good place to start

Get yourself a Harvest Blue and whatever floats your boat in the Tesco finest range .... and then contemplate life whilst weighing up the merits of both approaches.

our resident Yogi (not the bear) LGF has enlightened us all - by simplifying things allowing us to untangled life

Is the fit the same? Exactly the same.

It's the only thing that's going to make that significant a change. Given that the rest of the bike isn't actually broken and is assembled properly (nothing overtightened, tyres inflated properly, bearings not collapsing etc.)

Sorry, I missed the start of this thread.

It's evolution isn't it.

Better yeasts, improved baking ovens, ingredients and fillings that have been honed over time and masses of research into what people want, more appealing packaing. Modern sandwiches may often be made to a price point, but within that price point they will be far better than equivalent sandwiches from the 90s.

every little part is incrementally better than previous generations.

Oh, and Peugeot never made sandwiches, as far as I'm aware?

Back