Early Kona disc frames

Southville Hop

Old School Hero
Hi folks, I'm interested to know when Kona frames started to use IS disc mounts? I would like to build up a bike for my daughter and want to use parts from her now outgrown bike. Just trying to narrow my search!
Thanks in advance.

Re: Early Kona disk frames

I had an 04 Explosif, with the sliding dropouts, i have seen an 03 with discs too but it didnt have thw sliding dropouts so not sure if they were added.

Thank you, '03/'04 does seem to be about right, I've just discovered the "Archive and Gallery" section - That will be another few hours/days of my life lost while I peruse those wonderful catalogues!

Southville Hop":3br7rlun said:
Hi folks, I'm interested to know when Kona frames started to use IS disc mounts?
Thanks in advance.
2000 was the first year that Kona frames had Disc Mounts, but only on the higher end models.

The Hahanna, Fire Mountain, Nunu, Blast, Lava Dome, Kaboom, were still V-Brake boss only that year. Models higher up the hierarchy had both V and Disc.

I wouldn't rely on the 2000 catalogue pictures for accurate spec; it was published some time before the frame designs were finalised, or even manufactured using some enhanced artist's impression.

Pip

What Pip said. My 2000 Kula (which used to belong to man above) has both disk and v bosses as well as hose guides.

Back