Dropper routing (cannondale sl2 29er)

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've recently picked one of these up after years on various mid to late 90's oranges and I have to say... I'm converted to the big wheel / 2x10 way of life!

I have a brand-x external routed dropper on the way but am wondering what the best approach will be for the cable run.

I have bought some or the self adhesive cable clamp thingies so will either use them under the top tube or alternatively, zip tie it along the brake line.

The question is, what will be the drawbacks of either option and is there a better way?

i put a brand X external on ,y Scott Spark, it came with heaps of cable, so I zip tied to the brake line runnign down the down tube, thenup behind the bottom bracket, worked well.

Re:

I'm not familiar with the routing for your frame but have toyed with the stick on guides in the past. They don't stick for long and I think zip ties round frame tubes don't look great.

I'd be tempted to simply zip tie the hose to a cable that runs to the front. On one frame I had. I did this and was able to run the hose in the middle of two outer cables so it was practically invisible/not obvious that there was a cable that shouldn't really be there.

I have a bit of ocd when it comes to cable runs, like them to be neat.

Back