Historical curiosity question

Scvintage

Retro Guru
Can anyone identify this bike? It seems to be a ghost on the bike forums. Many guessing answers, but nothing solid. There is one for sale near me, I’m really just curious of the manufacturers name and where it fits in. The few tidbits that I found was; 1)possibly sold at toys-r-us 2) Pacific Islander posters always ask about it 3) nobody can really nail it down

Attachments

• F5C04339-5B9E-45F9-9B3C-C64C6B402BA5.jpeg
    F5C04339-5B9E-45F9-9B3C-C64C6B402BA5.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,614
Re:

I found this tidbit in an article;

Hornung began his dynamic career in the bicycle industry as a student at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. As a senior pursuing an economics degree, Chris managed a Madison bike shop. Later, while working at a Madison electronics store, he developed the idea to import bicycles and fitness products as sales premiums and promotional items.

In 1979, Chris founded Pacific Cycle. The company pioneered the sourcing of bicycles from the Far East for distribution in the U.S., developing relationships with suppliers primarily in Taiwan and China. The company leveraged these relationships to develop a line of high quality products at some of the most compelling price points in the industry. Through the 1990s, the company broadened its product offering and built strong relationships with leading retailers such as Target and Toys “R” Us.

https://pedalmag.com/chris-hornung-paci ... -business/

I also saw a comment in the reviews section of mtbr that mentioned toy-r-us sold them for $1500. If you ordered one. Seems a little nuts for what it is..

Pacific boufght GT and Schwinn in the early 2000's and then sold them to Dorel a few years later who also own Cannondale

Back