Di2 firmware updates?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've never done any updates on my system, no idea how. Anyone clued up on what I need and pointers on what to do/how to do it.

Theres nothing wrong with my system, but I feel I should get it up to date and check it.

Any pitfalls?

Struggling to find a guide online that walks through the process.

Cheers

which version of Di2? Mtb or road? the newer stuff you can often update with a phone app(which I think is all mtb stuff), the middle age stuff (and the new, if you don't have ability to do the app), you download the eTube software, plug the charger into PC/laptop, then plug into port on bike and load it up and it will do an update. The original stuff... no idea, but i think the same as the middle stuff.

Re:

Cheers. Its older road tbh, but thought principles would apply to both. Assume I need ewire software. Are any additional wires needed? I've seen a special box is required for setup changes, seems a bit of a con if so but...

Re:

It's from a 2014 cannondale caadx black Inc. Ultegra 6770 I think 10 speed.

Attachments

• PSX_20200225_233159.jpg
    PSX_20200225_233159.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2,045
  • PSX_20200225_233133.jpg
    PSX_20200225_233133.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,045
In that case, I think you need a special device to update the firmware.

With the latest internal battery and the latest charger - it's possible to connect a computer to the "brain" via the charger.

ah yeah, wasn't sure about the original stuff...I guess if it aint broke dont fix...also if it does break, replace the lot with newer, apartently the 10sp stuff isn't too happy playing with the 11sp.

Re:

I'm hoping it won't break. I read you can fit 11sp rear on current setup and it should work, with a firmware update it requires from mech change too.

It works, I'll leave it for now.

Its been a couple of years but I was messing with the 10spd Di2 to make a wireless shifting system (it worked very well for what it was intended for!)

Your version uses the etap software - once working it really doesnt need anything else, its not like you can add functionality or a shopping app.

The 10spd system is incompatible with the 11spd system the last time I looked.

Back