1x10

One thing about the change over is that it doesn't look right with one 32 up front to my eyes. So use't to seeing a 42/32. But changing gear is now much quicker up and down the cassette with out thinking about the 42. I'm happy to have changed. Never thought i would. How does a 'narrow wide tooth' design chain ring reduce chain fall??

Look at how a normal chainring wears to give yourself a clue, slightly longer teeth without the need for shifting ramps or profiling.

Swinley Forest was a blast - 44t up front with a max 28t cassette, kept up with most and didnt die despite really only using the big ring all the way round.

legrandefromage":1vr2sia2 said:
Look at how a normal chainring wears to give yourself a clue, slightly longer teeth without the need for shifting ramps or profiling.

All clear now :cool: Ta

One of my favorite winter set-ups is 1x9.

Has somebody pointed out concerning sprockets, it does require buying 2 cassettes
and splitting them all up to form the ratios I wanted.

Re:

I'm running 11-42 on the back and 30 up front. I should probably move to 32 or even 34, 30 is way too low even for the hills around here.

Re:

I run,
1 x 10 (36 front - 11-42)
1 x 11 (36 front - 11-42)
1 x 7 (26 front - 14-32) on the fat bike, when your going that slow you don't need masses of range and a narrow wide front ring.
1 x is very simple and reliable. Plus its ultimately retro (pre front derailleur age).

still looks odd. But great riding. Next the Trimble

Attachments

• Sanderson Life 26er.JPG
    Sanderson Life 26er.JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 437
Im hoping to convert my old Giant ATX to 1x10 set up but what i dont understand is the measurements that are quoted when doing this. I read somewhere that the alignment might be an issue and the measurements are a guide to how this can be fixed/ corrected.

First time doing this so I dont fully understand it. Any explaination would be great- thanks!

Not sure what measurements you're referring to?

WRT alignment, just make sure your chainring is 45-50mm from the centre line of your seat tube. If you're running a 3 ring chainset, just use the space for the middle ring.

Back