The very first Ridgeback bouncy bikes

As here as well - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=369691

Now, I know they existed, but can I find photos of them? Hell no.

Ridgeback made a series of bouncy bikes in the late 90s with names like Cooler King and Mr White. Anyone else remember them? They handled like pigs on stilts.

Do any photos exist?

Re:

Yeah I remember them. I worked in a bike shop that stocked them at the time so it would have been 1998-2000.

Revolting bikes with two tone paint jobs if I remember correctly.

Re:

I'm trying to find them too now but can't.

There were a series of hardtails released at the same time with stupid names and equally putrid paint jobs. I remember one of them being two tone brown and cream :roll:

2795.jpg

Thread delivers!

Carlos the Slackal":qpblvtsc said:
As here as well - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=369691

Now, I know they existed, but can I find photos of them? Hell no.

Ridgeback made a series of bouncy bikes in the late 90s with names like Cooler King and Mr White. Anyone else remember them? They handled like pigs on stilts.

Do any photos exist?

I have a Ridgeback Cooler King. Bought it in 1998, new, for ~£400. As mentioned in another tread about this, it's still going strong. It's a bit like riding on an old sofa compared with newer bikes.

Only changes made are replacement front disc and calipers and a rear tyre. The front tyre is the original.

I did a Bath to Reading tow path ride a couple of years ago on it. It proved to be completely reliable - and has been for 21 years.

Image of bike on Caversham Bridge, about to start Kris Jarvis memorial ride: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2rhJeS8BGux1gSLfA

I just had a rummage around for pictures of both the Dirty Harry and the Nice Guy Eddie - they certainly all seem to be the same family as the Cooler King. I quite like the two-tone paint jobs.

legrandefromage":224vvlli said:
Ridgeback Dirty Harry - now in the possession of my neighbours daughter

2000 ish

F5C70F64-6AA6-46D3-BB44-AF8CA1C1CB5D.jpg
Glad to know it lives on. I couldn’t bring myself to strip it down. :cry:

Back