Do I need 2 29ers?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Have a carbon felt I used weekly whilst out of work and really enjoyed it. Bought a ti on one 29er from the forum to replace it, and aside from forks, i dont need to swap anything else over. My initial plan was to build the ti and sell the carbon, as I need to cull a few bikes, but as usual struggling with the idea of letting a bike go.

Head says sell, heart says keep as I generally regret selling things, but need to reduce to a manageable number and ride more......

Sounds pretty normal to me. If it’s a space or financial issue sell it. If not what’s the hurry? Leave it awhile. At one point I had 5 29ers. Now just two. We all have more bikes than we need. Once you’re comfortable with that it’s all good.

Re:

Space is the main issue. Got a fair few builds in boxes in addition to a good number built. Struggle to move in the garage. Also have a 27.5 ragley project I am not sure whether to tackle or move on too.

I guess I'm talking myself into selling. Less bikes, less distraction, more space, and in theory more riding.

Keep the Felt and sell the Ragley and On One. If you liked the Felt, why change?

Re:

I liked the felt, dont get me wrong, but it always felt (pardon the pun) a smidge on the small side. The on one is bigger, has internal dropper routing and a 12mm rear axle not to mention made of ti. It should fit me better, as on the felt I had a lot of seat post and a long stem for today's world.

The only problem with selling stuff is that you inevitably end up looking at the classifieds or ebay and seeing stuff that you want!

Back