Fork lockout cable pull?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I imagine that in today's world of each manufacturer inventing their own standard, that there is no standard

But can anyone tell me the cable pull necessary for different makes of remote fork lockout?

I have a RS Reba (RL version, I think), but most of the budget (cheap!) bar mounted levers on ebay seem specific to suntour forks... will they work with my rebas? or should I just look for a left hand thumbie to use instead? :facepalm:

have now measured the cable pull on my reba lockout, and it's 18mm

would still like to know the cable pull of other forks...

foz":1x2e8gws said:
I imagine that in today's world of each manufacturer inventing their own standard, that there is no standard

But can anyone tell me the cable pull necessary for different makes of remote fork lockout?

I have a RS Reba (RL version, I think), but most of the budget (cheap!) bar mounted levers on ebay seem specific to suntour forks... will they work with my rebas? or should I just look for a left hand thumbie to use instead? :facepalm:

I know Suntour doesn't work with Manitou as I've performed the experiment myself. My wifes Suntour XCR RL-Air has a more direct switch under the top cap that the cable pulls, more like a flip switch that the twist of both RS and Manitou. I would say that looking at both RS and Manitou lockouts they should be interchangeable.

This would appear to confirm it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RST-Bike-For ... SwstxVVeB9

£15 is not too epic on cost if it doesn't work.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back