What happened to BOTM 98+

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Is there any plan to have a 98+ BOTM again? I can see they had them years ago. A lot of bikes at the older end of 98+ are more retro than they were in 2011!

yeah was discussed recently (dunno how recent, can't find the thread). Apparently there wasn't much interest/content/votes when they were run...but yeah think they should bring back, maybe bi monthly, or quarterly or something.

Re:

BOTM for this era would be good. When 98> was introduced as a category, they were basically modern bikes, but now, 1998-2005ish could be considered retro in their own right. We almost need another new category for newer bikes again.

I have just pm'd Raidan73 to set one up for March - most of my bikes are 98 to 08!

doe sit have to be a moderator who sets one up - otherwise lets just DIY?

Hope this starts again. I can enter my Sanderson Life. If i have the wheels in time

Well lets DIY and copy raiden73 rules from 4th feb - so anyone can start it if they want I will volunteer to start it on the 1st of Feb, but someone will need to know how to set up the poll?

fotorat1":20ii9u3g said:
Well lets DIY and copy raiden73 rules from 4th feb - so anyone can start it if they want I will volunteer to start it on the 1st of Feb, but someone will need to know how to set up the poll?

March? I reckon I can figure the Poll out. ;)

Was pondering this topic after reading post on possible july botm, didnt' want to take that OT...

was thinking:

-not necessarily every month (due to current lack of interest, maybe more often if interest builds, but 1/4 ly or bi-monthly
- there oisd loads of time in the post 98, could have a lot of categories per "month" as it were. eg:
HT's, FS, pre 2010, post 2010, also
-apparently this area is for non retro road bikes, so can have similar things for that too.

i know lots of theser things aren't really what this site is about or what peopel come for, but peopel still have that sort of stuff, jsut to kick things off.

Anyway, just thoughts

Back