Anyone know much about Votec bikes?

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I picked up a Votec hardtail recently, but can't find much info, apart from little snippets from Google.
I'm guessing this bike is from around 2005ish......it has the Handmade in Germany headbadge. I'm guessing the paintwork is a customer option thing, the decal says "Cloudy" and it has flower decals all over. All stickers are on top of paint so can be peeled off. The frame has the signature huge downtube amd the main tubes are externally butted. ZS headtube and a disc mount on the rear. That's not like any disc mount I've seen before; big holes that are threaded and look as if they might take a chainring bolt (!?) From Google, I'm guessing it might be a Tox Light, but if anyone can shed any light , I'd be grateful :)

Votec 8 by Pumpkin's Belly, on Flickr

Votec 6 by Pumpkin's Belly, on Flickr

Re:

I think Voted might have been the mfg of Porsche’s “Bike S” and “Bike EVO” back in the early to mid 2000’s.

https://www.votec.de/

Yes, they made the re-badges Porsche hardtail and FS bikes, as well as plenty of other decent alu stuff.
Decent German-made frames and some great lightweight suspension forks over the years.

All the best,

Thanks for the replies so far. I've read all the company history, some translated from German and watched the factory tour videos and read the forum discussions thrown up by google searches. I guess what I'm asking for really is specific info on what this bike might be.......age, model name, cost when new and what the heck kind of disc brake mount it has :) Thanks :)
ps. I've ridden it a few times now and can confirm it's pretty good in a fat alu kind of way.....bit like a Cannondale really.........

Latest posts

Back