Hope headset bearings?

Re:

Hopefully INA will be able to give me the dimensions of the bearings & I can see if I can find another source for them. ;)

In the meantime, I've measured the lower cup & found some cheepo Chinese bearings I 'think' might fit. Only cost about £1.50 each delivered :shock: so no loss if they don't fit. But if they do, they're a standard size so more better'er ones can be purchased.

As I say- watch the space. (You could cross your fingers too if you like :D )

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":3vanlrcb said:
I've spoken to Hope & they can't help other than confirm that the bearings were a special order from INA.

So... email has been sent to INA to see if they can shed any light.

Watch this space. :D

could you post the bearing sizes OD x ID x W and where the 45° chamfer is?

Re:

Cheers.

I'll give them a call. I've now got a rather sad bottom cup with a good bearing in it. (cheers Dick ;) )

Once I have removed it, I'll be able to measure it up & try to source another supplier, maybe these guys will come up trumps.

Re:

I also have one of these with a slightly poor lower bearing. The size is 30 x 42 x 7 which is a standard size. Such as these https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advan ... glebutton=

HOWEVER! There is a chamfered edge on only one inside face. This appears to be the unique feature.

I’ll probably go down the flush and repack route, though might experiment with a standard bearing and see if I can add a chamfer on the lathe.

get one with two chamfers as long as it will sit right, good luck turning bearing material in a lathe, needs to be ground with coolant.

bit of a resurrection, but aside the info that the Enduro headset's needle/roller bearings are made by Tange, did anybody found a replacement part to them?
I could def. use one :)

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":2t320zlk said:
Cheers.

I'll give them a call. I've now got a rather sad bottom cup with a good bearing in it. (cheers Dick ;) )

Once I have removed it, I'll be able to measure it up & try to source another supplier, maybe these guys will come up trumps.

Did you find any bearing to fit?

Back