Exposure MAxx Enduro 720 Service?

fotorat1

Retro Guru
Hi - bit of a long shot shot but has anyone tried to restore an Exposure MAxx Enduro?

I have had mine from new and I can remeber thinking how it changed night time riding for me but now I am underwhelmed by it.

It still charges fine and burms for at least 2.5hrs on Max.

Any ideas?

I don’t know about service but the led drivers wear out and don’t burn as bright. They will have a useful service life and unless you can replace the led it will be end of life. I have a single spot with Cree xml led and it’s noticeable duller than the new one I have. It’s about 5 years old and has been used lots. I’ll probably use it for this winter and replace next year. It’s the advantage of not spending hundreds on brands like exposure (which I’ll likely use the same Cree xml led anyway) that replacement is less painful.

Carl

Cheers mate my problem is that I went from a set of BLT Explorers (2006) to the Enduro (2010) and I really love the all in one cable free design, so going back to wires is not really an option for me - I think I will send it back to USE and see what they can do.

Has anyone done a DIY all in one front light?

Seriously, send it back. Their service is fantastic and there is nothing they can't repair.
Just send em a mail for a returns no.

Cable free, no battery pack etc, means they really are the best out there and I've been through em all (Nightsun, niterider, blt, princeton tec, cateye)

Re:

To be honest the led drivers are about $2 each, even the cree xml t6 so if they are going off parts are cheap and it's only a bit of soldering to replace it.

Latest posts

Back