26" Tyre recommendations?

More important than tire choice is going tubeless - I havent had a puncture in 12 years

You should be able to get a very good pair of Mavic UST - these are easy to set up.

Even Cross rides with the rim strip are brilliant.

This puts tire choice into grip and performance options. Conti Trail King 2.4 are awesome if you ride hard.... I run these on Cross Max SLR and they are very safe

If you like light weight go for Stans Alpine rims - they are feather weight

I've already bought the new wheels - Halo Freedom Disks. Not sure if you can run them tubeless. Bought a maxxis DH tube for the back though which is bloody thick (and heavy!)

Anyway new tyres & tubes (plus wheels) are now on the bike. Haven't had a chance to ride it though!!!

I’ve run Halo Freedom rims tubeless with no problems, both with the split inner tube ghetto method and with tape.

I keep reading about this inner tube method and also people keep mentioning gorilla tape....but I literally don't have the foggiest about running tubeless so it just washes over my head!

Once I've given the bike a damn good thrashing to see how easy it punctures, I may look further into it.

Back