E-bike conversion kit

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone used one of these DIY conversion kits? I'm dabbling with the prospect of buying a rear or front rear hub kit, strapping it on a 91 Cincercone and having some lazy fun on it.

Any tips for anyone who's done this already?

Re:

Not done it but highly tempted by the Tongshen TSDZ2 kit as it's the only aftermarket mid-drive kit that's properly torque sensing AFAIK.

I'm actually in the process of building one for the wife. I went for a Bafang mid drive unit from Dillinger UK the reason being they are less prone to upsetting the handling character of the bike like hub drives do. The advantage of the hub drives is they tend to have a better run time dependant on the battery. Another advantage with a mid drive is you can swap it from road bike to mountain bike or any bike you have with out any problems, with a hub drive you're limiting yourself due to wheel size.

Re:

I have a mid drive e bike that's a lot of fun. If I was to do a conversion I would stick with the mid drive layout, it means you keep a lot of standard parts. I would seriously consider this conversion, https://paradoxkinetics.com/ I doubt it's cheap, but looks amazing.

jez-4-bikes-max":1xmpqmso said:
Anyone used one of these DIY conversion kits? I'm dabbling with the prospect of buying a rear or front rear hub kit, strapping it on a 91 Cincercone and having some lazy fun on it.

Any tips for anyone who's done this already?

Mid engine are good for off-road but they wear out chains, sprockets just as a push bike would. I d go for direct rear wheel drive bub kit 36v 250w from China it cost about £140. Then I'd buy a 52v 19ah battery and squirt that through it, it'll increase its performance by 40%... Just check the controller supplied has 63v rated capacitors (most do). It'll give you a 20+ mph machine good for 40mile range. Have fun!

Back