Trigger's broom

tufty

Retro Guru
So, upgrading time again for the Sunn

Start spec :

Xircuit '97, size 50. Suntour fork, mavic rims laced on LX hubs, deore 9s crankset, shifters, v-brakes, RD & 11-32 cassette, XT top pull FD, kore bars, ritchey stubbies, look 110mm stem, kalloy seatpost, Fizik pavé saddle. generic pedals, XT BB.

Fork was dogshit, threw me off a couple of times, swapped for Marzo XC700s.

Saddle was uncomfortable, swapped for a Charge Spoon.

Pedals swapped for Crank Brothers Candys.

Bars swapped for some pulled from a Scott, wider with a bit of lift.

Got offered a '99 Urge Comp frame, same size, swapped it. Along with a NOS XT FD (bottom pull on the Urge frame) and a Woodman seatpost (27.2 rather than 26.4), new Tange BB.

Paintwork proper shabby, time for a relook, RAL 6017.

XC700s lovely but too flexy for round these 'ere parts, swapped for 80mm 2004 Manitou Skarebs, at the same time frame modded for disk brakes, V's swapped out for Shimano M445s I had lying about. Wheels swapped for a set of Mavic 421s laced to formula disk hubs (OEM stock on something or other, get 'em cheap), Formula 4 hole disks 160 up front and 140 behind.

Second repaint after welding, back to RAL 9010

Swapped the rims out for Mavic XC717s

New grips, dropped the stubbies.

Dropper post (KS eten 272)

I'm about to go 1x10, 30 up front, 11-46 in the rear. Obvs this means swapping out the deore shifters for an SLX 10s, FD goes away, RD XT M786 SLS. Just waiting on the parts.

I still have the same cranks, stem and bottle cage, so I'm not quite there yet. But...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE[/youtube]

Mind you, it's true that yours has the magical words "Trigger's Broom" painted on it.

Does it have any parts you haven't changed?

Back