Blaze it up! \ / / \ 420 etc. (Kona content)

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Needless to say the keyboard warriors have gone into over-drive with Kona's latest publicity stunt.

http://cog.konaworld.com/kona-rolling-papers-are-here/

papers-and-forks-6777-1-930x639.jpg

Tongue in cheek poke at MTBs origins or an ill thought marketing gimmick, out of place in 2018 and the cycling industry, values, etc. What do you think?

Re: Blaze it up! \ / \ / 420 etc. (Kona content)

personally i dont see the point. Are they struggling that much with sales?

Having said that, in 25yrs these could be worth a lot :) they mention previously selling them, has anyone got, or had any?

Just hang around the downhillers car park at Inners long enough, it will be apparent that the 'erb and those whom don't need to cycle uphill, still get on great guns!

Cannabis is entering the main stream, like it or not, prohibitions days seem numbered. I don’t really see the harm, I guess the profit margin in selling papers makes it worth the bother.

Personally, I’d rather cyclists were tokin doobies than swigging giant cans of Monster.

My view was it's a cheap shot.

I like the fact it was released around the time of Canada announcing legalisation, and the overall groundswell in the US west coast (and crossing east). I recognise the very close links between the two: mountain biking and the herb.

What I don't like is the blinkered view that papers would only ever be used with smoking pot - and, thanks to the keyboard warriors, that smoking weed is healthier than smoking cigarettes. We all know that's nonsense and we all know that unless you're a grade A stoner, you rarely smoke 100% pure; you mix it with the real nasty stuff. So that, to me at least, is a contradictory image to have with cycling, especially as Kona isn't just a MTB brand these days.

Still, I'm sure there some AC-DC fans who still hate them. And all press is good press, so win-win I suppose :LOL:

Re:

In my recent experience, more and more folk are smoking blunts (pure cannabis joints), and/or bongs/vapes/edibles etc, rather than mixing with tobacco.

Those that mix tend to be folk who've always smoked tobacco.

I would never mix with tobacco, it's pointless.

I guess with the groundswell of support for recreational use in the US, it makes more sense that a US firm are marketing in this way. Kona have typically been the 'funky' brand.

Re: Re:

KeepItSteel":2a7ardj0 said:
In my recent experience, more and more folk are smoking blunts (pure cannabis joints), and/or bongs/vapes/edibles etc, rather than mixing with tobacco.

Those that mix tend to be folk who've always smoked tobacco.

I would never mix with tobacco, it's pointless.

I guess with the groundswell of support for recreational use in the US, it makes more sense that a US firm are marketing in this way. Kona have typically been the 'funky' brand.

Agreed - it's defo a personal thing - and Kona are super-good at tapping into that aspect.

Back