Gary Fisher Sugar 2 - rear derailleur cable guide glue?

boma23

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Pulled the Sugar 2 out for a pre-season clean and service, and the rear gear cable guide fell off. I believe the rear triangle is carbon, and these are glued on (i wouldnt dare use a jubilee clip or similar on the tubes).

Can anyone tell me what glue I can use to replace the cable guide?

Attachments

• IMG_20180616_182951544.jpg
    IMG_20180616_182951544.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 797
Re:

For anyone is interested, I went with Gorilla glue, after sanding both surface, then firmly strapped it down with multiple wraps of non-stretchy tape, after. Seems to be holding up fine (remembering the cable pulls against its own casing, rather than pulls the guide against the frame).

I just saw the title and thought I'd suggest Gorilla Glue. The tapes are also very good for various jobs. They have a building in Buckshaw village, a couple of miles from where I live but this has no influence on my faith in their products!

Gorilla glue is not the best glue, and is quite overated. If it holds sweet. :)
If it dosnt your be better with a 2 part epoxy, Something from here woudl serve you well. https://www.westsystem.com/specialty-epoxies/
also devcon 2 ton is very good.

If you want some random info about how good different glues are, google "knife handle glue test" there is a lot of info out there about glues. As they can be all that keeps a kife together,

The sugar 2 has an alloy rear triangle

It flexes in lieu of a pivot

They are bonded together not welded to avoid stress risers as it flexes

Keep an eye around the chainstay bridge tube for cracks

As said a 2 part epoxy would be best, but the gorilla glue may well hold it.

Back