Kona Unit 26er SS

Thanks mechanicalvandal. Managed to get the chainring bolts off finally. I've cleaned both surfaces applied grease and tightened everything back together with new bolts. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test things out later.

Rode into work this morning. Still making a noise. Will try replacing the chain next.

Any good recommendations for a single speed chain?

My guess is that you have bent the crank shaft a little, which unfortunately means new cranks.

Personally I run a 3/32" chain and narrower cogs (simply becasue that's where I started). KMC do a nice singlespeed chain though.

Re:

Thanks Hamster. I have a feeling it may be the cranks. Whenever the cranks are under load, it's making a really bad noise. I will put a wanted ad up.

Just ordered a KMC chain, as mine is a little worn.

It maybe only my commuter and an unfashionable wheel size. But it's a complete laugh to ride, love it.

An update:- Bought some new Raceface cranks, new chainring and fitted the Raceface bottom bracket that came with it. I also fitted a new chain as well.

Definitely feels much smoother. However, I'm still getting a little bit of noise still. Could it be the chain just stretching out as it's new? Back wheel feels good, noise only happens under load. Only other thing I've thought of is hairline frame crack maybe? I've check the bottom bracket area, it all looks good.

Completely mystifying, It was silent until I struck the cranks. Anyone got any thought?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 23.27.56.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 23.27.56.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 201
Back