Carbon Cdale Rush 2009 internal Dropper Routing

fotorat1

Retro Guru
has anyone done this successfully?

its has bottle cage fixings on the underside of the down tube near the bottom bracket it should be possible to fit a cable through there and round the BB and up the seat tube? but the cable would be sticking out underneath.

perhaps a reverb would be better as I could get a hyraulic elbow/ dog leg though the bottle hole, which would keep it neater. Except reverb dont to do 27.2 - so anyother hydraulic droppers?

Will any of that hacking still actually get around the BB and work? (just use external routing...)

Too bad they dont do magura vyron's or KS circuits in 27.2...

it has a BB30 so a 3cm bb shell might be ok with a cable

And no hacking neededas the hole is already there

I found a good article for the same as what I want to do..

https://trail-tigers.com/bike-mods/diy- ... b-stealth/

so I might do a test run with a gear outer and see if it looks doable - funny thing is I have never had the BB out of this bike.

long story but last time I rode it in 2008 I cracked the seat tube - when I went over the handle bars - i got a new free frame in 2009 colours from cdale - but I have been too scared to ride it ever since- I now know why - having discovered droppers in 2010!! so after 9 years I am planning to ride it for the first time - shame really as I have got used to it being mint and unmarked or dirty!

I just mean Hack as in a hack solution (work around/making something work when not designed that way) not hacking the frame.

I see !!! Cheers!! and the good news is my other 2 dales (jekyll and super V) have open seat tubes so they will be really easy to fit stealth droppers on!

BTW in my old age I am going to only use my bikes will droppers from now on so I am 2 done and a few to go

I'll admit, I have a dropper, but don't really use it...
I would have like to try the vyron or circuit as none of my frames are dropper internal. But if i do have to replace the one I have, then a KS LEV Carbon is the way i'll go, 65mm is about perfect for me

HI ted

if you want to part with your unemployed dropper I will trade you for one (or more) of my posts:
Thomson:
27.2X410
30X410
30.9X410

Bontrager 31.6X400

Back