cannondale headshox stems

LUBO78

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Alright. On the hunt for a short headshox stem with a decent rise. Anyone recommend a source for new or used?
cheers kev

Realise its a daft question when you can google anything but main question does anyone make stems for the headshox shorter than 60mm?

I need one also

ideally 60mm with 30 degree rise!!!! if such a thing exists

Also I need old school 1.56

yes I was being silly saying 30 degrees as I have a XL jekyll and the top tube is 1inch longer than all my other bikes and I had 80mm 5 degrees + easton mid height risers which was just too low.

I have just fitted a 130mm X 20degree with 30mm risers

Normally I would not give a 130mm stem a second look, but its on and it feels comfy - I will do 3 miles on it tonight up hill and down dale and decide if I need anything shorter- the grips feel about 10cm's higher than before

LUBO please provide the link to 80mm X20 deg....

Also QWERTY seem to be my goto retailer lately- the shortest 20deg they have is 100mm - which might do me - although they called it QSE - not sure if that is 1.56?

nice - I will phone them but do you reckon PRe 2012 means 1.56?

Figure it does as they say older lefty (not 1.5) must be 1.56 - ordered a 90mm anyway!

Good find I reckon. The Jekyll I've just bought is waaay to stretched out for me with its mental 120mm stem :?

yes but is it 120mm at 20degrees? also make sure your saddle is all the way forward- that will help.

My jekyll is a 2003 in Blue - got it this time last year completely original- which just means it hasnt been maintained!

so last night I rode it for the first time this year after fitting crossmax SL's in the winter.

Today I have swapped out the octalink BB and fitted external BB. so Tonight I will if that has stopped the Creaking (when climbing) - if not the main bearings will be renewed.

It still had its lousie/clara brakes on and Deore shifters, so I was in the shed till 11.30pm swapping it over to XT Dual Control. took a good while as I had to disconnect the brake lines to route them properly and then bleed them!

Sounds as if its coming together:)
I found mine on ebay. Its like new 2001 jeykll 5. Usually hit all my bikes with modern upgrades but gonna start with the stem to be doubly sure its a keeper!

Back