Today I met the future.

Re:

For the technology involved I don’t think they are badly priced. In the world of £3k frames and £2.5k wheels it’s almost cheap

Re: Re:

d8mok":7sllvsu6 said:
For the technology involved I don’t think they are badly priced. In the world of £3k frames and £2.5k wheels it’s almost cheap
True, a set of forks can cost £1k these days, though for £4k you could buy a very decent second hand car jam packed with tech. Bike prices are a bit mad.

ishaw":mu8ghdhn said:
d8mok":mu8ghdhn said:
True, a set of forks can cost £1k these days, though for £4k you could buy a very decent second hand car jam packed with tech. Bike prices are a bit mad.

Yeah, call something an MTB product and prices seem to be silly. But nothing new, an Intense M1 frame used to cost £2500 back in the day and a set of Dorados to match were £1000, then you still had to kit it out :)

Would love a go on an electric bike though, i bet its great fun :)

mkone":2liljnvd said:
Would love a go on an electric bike though, i bet its great fun :)
It is. Wheeeeee!

Stuff that used to be a boring grind, you don't notice. Hard climbs are still technical. Downhills- you've got a lot more weight to worry about. Electric fatbikes are totally mad, they'll climb trees. The challenges are different, but still there, and, at least around here, where 4:1 is considered "flat", electric bikes have opened up cycling to everyone.

I know which I’d choose.
A pretend bonneville? Meh. Remakes are always shit and soulless compared to the originals. Point taken, though, and as the original post was offroad, how about this (hugely overpriced but very clean) bike which would still leave change in your pocket?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XT250 ... SwdGFYwUNJ

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I agree bike prices are a bit mad currently. However motorbike prices have shot up too. A base model Panigale is £20k now! Second hand stuff isn’t really comparable as it’s appealing to a different person.

if its not a Trimble then not my future mtb. And prices for then are going up. Glad to see it doesn't have silly 29er wheels.

Back