Good/Great 26 XC Fullsuss Frameset

mattrixdesign2

Retro Guru
My lad has my old Cube hard tail race bike 26inch, it's a good spec of XT and SLX, decent wheels, Reba forks etc. I recently bought myself my first full suss and he now has bike envy and wants a full suss like his dad.

Not wanting to spend £££s, and would want to use the Cube Ltd SL as a donar for parts.

If I am scanning eBay etc, what models would you recommend, something light, short travel, 26inch, XC style and that will take a tapered fork and standard QR.

Have a look at Merida, 2nd largest manufacturer in the world, very good bikes their 96 model rides very well according to my boss who had 2 of them

As for quality all new merida’s come with a lifetime warranty, which speaks volumes

I selling my Scott Genius 20 Carbon Frame "set"- £250 gets it

Mind you its got a handle bar Lock/Open/Traction Control - so this would reverse the envy. straight steerer....

p4pb15806044.jpg

Wheels are 26"
Frame is TT 21"
Seat tube (to top of seat clamp) 20"

in the photo the seat is set to 31" from BB

it builds very light - as it stands in the photo 11KG -and those wheels are nothing special

Your forks wont fit though (straight headtube) but I would let you have the fox Talas in exchange for you reba's?

Re:

I've got an s works enduro from 06 I believe. I can't remember the size, but it is probably around 18 inch. I'm part way through returning it. Frame is in good shape, only a few cosmetic arks as you'd expect. When I bought it, it was fitted with the fox brain shock, but that needed a service and so a bit of research later, decided to get a more modern shock for it instead (I've got fox or rs, as I like to match forks and shocks, and wasn't sure which forks I'd use).

Some of the bearings were a bit rough so I've stripped out the old and have a full replacement set to fit, which I've not got around to yet.

If it's of any interest, let me know and I can measure the frame and grab some pics.

The only reason it's not rebuilt is I've decided to cull a fair chunk of my collection of bikes and projects as I'm going to be losing my garage in the near future as part of a building project, so I'll have a lot less space to store bikes and need to get down to a manageable number of bikes I ride, rather than enjoy owning.

Back