UPDATE!Anyone ever claimed on Cannondales lifetime warranty?

Faghetaboutit

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Rear dropout fell off on my trail sl1 29er from 2014 during heavy braking yesterday and Cannondale have requested I send the entire bike back, bear in mind I’ve replaced the rear wheel and rear brake due to wear & tear I’m wondering what my chances of getting a replacement are? This bike has been used strictly for commuting and has never seen a mountain....
I have heard from other riders that Cannondales warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on :/

Re: Anyone ever claimed on Cannondales lifetime warranty?

Pic.

Attachments

• CF639BA5-A2A5-447A-96CE-3E1B41F69C42.jpeg
    CF639BA5-A2A5-447A-96CE-3E1B41F69C42.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 908

I'd imagine that's a fair call for a warranty job but you never know, my Synapse carbon cracked at the seat tube after 750km and they denied it.

But "lifetime warranty" isn't forever, it just the expected lifetime of the frame, depending, but usually 5-10.

Re:

Parts need replacing, some upgrading so I'd hope that would not affect the warranty process, unless they are hoping to find an issue with the parts fitted. Check you weren't running a disc on the rear they consider too big.

What have you got to lose? They will either send you a new frame (or bike), send you yours back or perhaps offer you a discounted item.

Good luck

Thanks for the comments guys, I’ve sent it away now so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed! I will keep this post updated as and when anything progresses!

Did you ever look at how much the stays flexed under braking, I have a 29er Flash Alloy & wouldn't be at all surprised if mine went as yours has at sometime in the future :-( I just hope Cannondale come up trumps for you.

yes I had a new rush frame carbon after mine broke on the seat tube - but you need the reciept and only the 1st person owning it

Update here for you all, Cannondale have issued a new frame, they didn’t have the 2014 so it’s a 2016 one in black and as they no longer did 1.5” headtube in that model they have had to replace the fork/stem & h/s. The replacement parts are of lesser quality but I’m still happy as they have returned my original parts as well
:)

its_kirby":1i6deryt said:
Update here for you all, Cannondale have issued a new frame, they didn’t have the 2014 so it’s a 2016 one in black and as they no longer did 1.5” headtube in that model they have had to replace the fork/stem & h/s. The replacement parts are of lesser quality but I’m still happy as they have returned my original parts as well
:)
F

Fantastic outcome! :)

Latest posts

Back